Coco help in late stage flowering

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by The_dude_au, Dec 2, 2018.

1. I’m running 50/50 perlite coco. The girls are in full flower with less than 4 weeks to go.
    Over the last week when I water, as the run off exits, in the air I can smell that “wet carpet” smell so I’m very worried about root rot.
    When I get up close to the run off and sniff can’t notice anything and sniffing the top/bottom of the pots don’t notice anything.
    It’s onky when the run off comes out the air above seems to get a wet carpet scent.
    My fungicide says not to use it at this stage of flowering.
    So my question is as a new coco user, is this smell normal for coco and if not, any suggestions for mild / mildew / root rot in late stage flowering?

2. As long as your plants are healthy and you're feeding daily to run off, you shouldn't have a problem. I use SM-90 for root health. Another good one is Hydroguard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks man will check out those products

4. I’ve only been using peroxide once a week so far. I may have missed applying it last week when I think about it

5. If you decide to go with Hydroguard I suggest not using peroxide because it kills all bacteria including the good ones. Good luck. :)

• Agree Agree x 2