Coco grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by teenyweenybud, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I am looking for some help in sorting out my grow , firstly i will list the nutes & lite ect

3x 400w hps cooltubes
    4" extract 5" intake
    12x12 for 7 weeks
    ph 6.8
    coco
    10 ltr pots
    3ft tall plants
    watered every 2nd day
    using canna a& b(2.5 ml pr ltr as directed ) algamite pk 13 14 as directed on the feed chart) & bloom
    all feeds are used according to the feed charts
    ec 2
    temp 88

my issue is my buds are not getting fat at all they look as if its week 2-3 flowering and not week 7 ,i train them early in veg to create many main colas they always look great in veg then flowering is a washout ,like i say one third of the room is ok but the other two thirds are shite ,any help in getting to the bottom of this mess is much needed,

2. A couple things that will help in my experience is to keep the ph of coco at 5.8 and your temps closer to 80 or below. Good luck and hope this helps

3. Ty for the reply batman, I miss typed on the ph ph is between 5-7 =60, I will try getting the temps down tho anno they are real high for flowering but i dont know if the high heat would restrict the bud growing at its normal rate.

4. Sometimes the buds won't get as dense with too much heat. They'll be kind of airy. Another thing with coco, is you need to flush frequently because of salt build up and don't let your pots sit in your runoff water

5. Also, everything i've grown, hasn't fattened up until week 6-7

6. Ty for the advice but i know they should be much bigger iv grown bigger and better in coco this crop is shit!!! 1/4 oz a plant or so ,im lacking in somthing and i cannot see what it is ,could it be the wattering every other day ?

7. I know that coco needs to be watered more often. I've got a buddy getting a pound + per plant in coco. His stalks are always 5-10 times thicker than mine in soil. He vegs a while and waters every 2-3 days. He always makes sure to keep the pots out of the runoff so the salts arent redisolved into the coco. Maybe it needs more nutes than you're giving it. Is that strain a heavy feeder?

8. i was getting nice yeilds in other grows, my veg room is not got any issuse they are all real healthy plants big dense bushes ,into flower tho and they are all over the place i guess this grows a loss,I have no idea what is my issue gonny try hand watering every day rather than every two and lower my temps for the next grow its just a pain in the ass only getting one third of the room to bloom/flower as it should, could you ask ur buddy what nutes he puts into his water,his flower room temps & humidity

I haver a gut feeling its the nutes and water too ,just need to hear from other coco growers and canna nute users,
    what i do not understand is the one third of the room blooming well and the others not, could that be the smaller pots i am using for those plants that are not holding water ?

9. I keep them out of the run off yeh, the strain i am growing just now is motivation,chronic & supper silver

10. #10 Bongsauce, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011
    heat can make the buds thinner and stretch more...I'd check your bulbs maybe or check/replace that thingie in the ballast...capacitor?

I personally feed in coco everyday in flowering...even if they're wet they get fed anyways..always nutes. I usually do about 10% runoff dtw so that I don't have to flush till the end. I use the 6/9 micro/bloom from GH @ 5.9

is everything in the same kinda coco? A finer coco (pith) can get more waterlogged and slows growth...or if it's too chunky it dries out too quick.

there's a coco section btw ;)

11. My buddy uses advanced nutes. Whichever the master grower bundle is. He also keeps temp about 80 with 50%rh. He also has a completely sealed room with co2 enrichment. He always tells me that all he does is keep his ph at 5.8 and his ppm right on and no probs. You don't have any gnats or anything do you?

12. ^ good point about the bugs...root aphids can be hard to spot and will reduce yields..they tend to make the plants look kinda droppy and sad..red stems...alot like overwatering.

Next time you water wait a minute or 2 and stare at the top of your coco. I mean stare at it for a good 30 seconds or so and see if y ou spot any...after you water they will come up the surface for air...but they're tiny, much harder to see then mites. I have very good vision but it still takes me a while to spot them.

13. They are all in the same coco ,no red stems ethier the plants look healthy enough but the formation is small and tight on the ones affected,very very small, they all get the same food thats why i am finding it hard to find the problem, the only diffrence is the strain and the pot size ,could it be down to the diffrent pot siize and the roots being bound ? no bugs in the room or coco at all ,thanks for the help guys its priceless :)

14. What strains are doing good and what ones arent? Do you run co2 and do you have any pics? Being root bound will make the plant stunted. It literally suffocates the roots by wrapping them so tight that they cant get any oxygen. That is possible

15. chronic is doing great int the big pots the ss & motivation are not looking great ,maybe root bound am going to look at the roots and i will get some pics uploaded

16. Just curious if you ever figured what was up with your plants. Let me know

17. i also grow in coco coir...great stuff.
    could be so much but my first guess would also be the heat
    88F is too hot, try getting to the mid 70s
    good luck

18. I think its your PH. I had plants in coco that were growing slow and minimal. Once I learned about PH and kept it in the 5.5-6 range they took off.

19. true. might want to make sure your nutrients are coco friendly, not all are.

20. I have a GH 36 and it came with coco basket liners.
    Should I use them or just use hydroton??
    Can the roots grow thru the liner?
    I haven't started my grow yet; it will be my first.