coco drip system help please.

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Nissty, Nov 4, 2010.

1. 2x2 Drip / 4 Sites / 5 Gal Res - $139.99 : Heartland Hydrogardens, Hydroponic gardening supplies, tips, and more - Located in Columbia, Missouri.
    How do I use this? can I use it with air pots instead of the ones it says it comes with? Since it uses a res would I keep it filled with low dose nutes all the time? I always have 4 plants growing at once and they are all 2 weeks apart at any given point, I'm wondering if I hand water the small ones until they are ready to eat, they may be able to handle the same moderate dose of nutes as the oldest. Any ideas greatly appreciated, I really need an easier way to keep them watered since i'm in a chair. I can do it but like azzazal I have to drag them out one by one until I get them close enough to lift them. Thanks.

2. Bump..Nobody uses drip systems with coco?

3. I dont think its matters the pots that you use,I would use 6.5l Airpots in this, mind you I can't see if it's drain to waste?
    There are lots of journals on the british based forums on coco drip systems. If your not sure of the web addy, PM me i'm happy to help.

If you are able to fill a 47l res, then maybe a blumat maxi system would be good for you, The only problems i can see would be if you need to flush all plants. I will be using a hand watering wand to do this when I set mine up.

Hope that helps. No doubt some of the great folks on here will post more :D

Azza.

4. Thanks for the reply. What does drain to waste mean? that the runoff gets drained out of the tray to somewhere else? I ordered 4 3.4gal air pots that should fit that tray according to their demensions.

5. #5 Azzazal, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2010
    mate, I'm not sure I am allowed to put links up to other forums.

If i am not allowed I apologise,

Airpots/Coco/RDWC/2x600W NDL-Cheese,BlueCheese&NYCD - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

Good thread for drip systems, I'm hoping it helps you.

As you said you are in a wheelchair, I was hoping some folks on here would point you to a system that would be easy to manage.
    Personally I am unable to manage my grow due to the weights, it will only be a mater of time till i fall or chop one of my plants again :), hence after a lot of research I prompted for tromph blumats. Filling the large res with base nuetrients and not moving anything has great appeal. I will use a 1m tray for the plants to sit in set to take any accidental run off outside my space and into a large bucket.
    For me it will be a hose from the sink, fill rez, add nuets, check plants, leave room! I really don't want to get involved in EC checks, water temps and all the stuff that goes with a full hydro system.

6. Thanks for the link azzazal. So how does the blu-mat system work? Do you have a link that explains it? I just have a lot of trouble getting the plants in the back of my tent. I have paralysis from the thigh down (not sure what my current asia is anymore) so once I get them near my feet i can lift them fairly easily, but it would be much easier to just work with a res outside the tent.

7. Blumat - English

I hope that explains it for you, I have looked up this a lot, I too need to be able to get to my plants, but in the end, need ease of grow.

I will be adding one more expense! House and garden drip clean. Will hopefully save me trying to adjust a dripper

Azza