Coco coir?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GOLDENBOY, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Can anyone tell me about coco coir? I been trying to read up and learn about it but I cant find out whay I want. So do I just use it like a soil but I add the nutes? Or do I need gear for it?

"if you want me to response back, quote me."

2. Bump

Halloween I'm going out as captain sweatpants. How about you?

3. You use it like hydro so ise hydro nutes and ph 5.8

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. So do I need all the pumps and all the tanks too?

5. Or do.I use it like soil butni control all the nutes the plants get out of it.

6. Yup just like soil no need for pumps tho you may need to water a bit more as it drains pretty fast :)

7. I had a gws i put in soil and did bubble ponics on it but after a while injust repoted her into more coir and carried on like soil and she did well :)

8. Thank you... I was confused with this coco/hydroponics crap..

9. Basicly treat coir like soil but nutes and ph of hydro

10. Go to ICMag and look for He3d's thread, stickied to the top of the coco section of the forum. Tons of info there...far more than I care to repeat.

11. And no you can't treat coco like soil (as in feeding straight water), it will fuck up the cation. Best to read through He3d's thread before you get any more advice.

12. Someone on here has a really good post on it. But I'm definitely going to check this other one out. I need some more info on it before I decided to go with this.

13. When i decided to make the switch to coco I researched all I could, and the he3d goes coco thread was an awesome read. I started using he3d's ratio/lucas formula, which is pretty simple. You could also rock the one part super simple GH Maxbloom I think it is...a tsp per gallon (on average) and you're set. A little dose of CalMg might be necessary depending on your water source. I've since switched to Jack's Citrus FeEd that I amend with calmg and silica. Also very simple, is used start to finish and its pretty cheap...all mixed up at one tsp per gallon I could get around 170 gallons of food for 25 bucks delivered to my house. Even cheaper if you buy the 25# bags.

After you pour through He3d's thread if you have any questions feel free to hit me up. Coco is so simple a one armed monkey with tourettes could do it.

14. I think ill stick to a simple regular soil grow for my first time indoor.

"if you want me to response back, quote me."

15. #15 bigc29, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013
    i use a 60/40 coco/peat mix with ewc/compost/perlite & all my organic ammendments(hot mix)

16. Water only

17. Then I'd suggest an actual organic grow...half the people here fucking up their plants are on the halfway organic horse of fox farms soil and nutrients; makes it hard for nubes to learn what is going on since you have nutrition coming from the dirt and your water at times. Either run a true organic grow that will carry you on water alone to the end, or go the hydro/soilless route where everything comes from the nutrient solution. Having the nutrients come from both ends and not really knowing what is in that soil and tryingto amend with bottled nutrients seems to complicate things for those just learning.

18. Ill be watching some YouTube videos tonight on coco growing. That should help me out a bit. I don't know enough about indoor growing to be messing around with nute formulas. Plus I don't have a ppm meter or a ph meter.

19. There are some real simple nutes out there to keep it easy. I run Jack's Citrus that would cover it if I were able to use tap water. In my case I add a bit of calmg but it depends on your h2o source. Theres also a variation of the lucas formula that uses just Gen Hydros MaxiBloom I believe...good from start to finish as well. Dynagro foliage pro is another super simple regimen that works great in soilless. He3d's thread over at ICMag covers a ton of stuff, and reading around the coco section in general will give you a good head start.