Coco coir

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Bmxodysseymike, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Can you reuse this stuff if so do you have to separate all the roots from it or what?

2. You can re use and want to rinse any salt from the coir to around 100ppm. A product called Cannazym will break down root matter.......

3. Do you put the Cannazymn into the used coco and let the roots break down before reusing or do you just reuse the coco and feed with Cannazymn to your next plant?

4. you can just reuse the coco and feed w/ the cannazym

5. The price of that stuff is just as much as I can get a whole brick of coco coir for so I'm not even gonna bother haha

6. I just pick out all the big stuff and let nature do it's thing. I haven't found any problems with reused coco without any enzymes. You can get the same effect with a good AACT. Check out the organic forum for better directions on how to make and use. But basically it is a bucket of water with a cup of worm castings and compost, some kelp, and a tablespoon or five of molasses.

AACT is cheap and easy and will also break down the roots. Simply bin all the extra coco once you pick out or sift out the major roots in a rubbermaid container (or similar) and give it a good AACT soaking. Allow that to rest for a few weeks and when you come back you'll have a nice fluffy coco mix. Rinse it, just for good measure, and you're ready to go once again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. You can just dig out your cropped plant then pot up the next lot directly into it if you want. I've got some pictures on here of some plants that were done that way I think.

If you want more of the root mass out, you can just break it up by putting the old rootball on its side in a rubble sack (or your old coco bag if you've still got it) and standing on it. The main roots just sieve out easily in your hands after that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #9 TheWatcher, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012
    Sorry for the massive picture. :D ... Still figuring that bit out

But this is one of the buds from that grow. They all looked like this and some of them were, like I say, just put into the hole left by the previous tenant ;)

There's no need to rinse out the coco etc. You'll have already flushed your last crop presumably anyway, so it's good to go. You can see there's no tip burn, and these were only a couple of weeks from chop time by this point.

[​IMG]