Coco coir organic mix

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by DezignerTreez, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Hey I’m a new grower only done 1 grow in the so far doing a hempy bucket all perlite...But I really would like to get into organic growing I kinda came up with a mix wanted to hear you guys opinion or suggestions. here’s a list of ingredients I was planning to use
    Coco coir
    Azomite
    Perlite
    Worm castings
    Mycorrhizae
    And water with some liquid seaweed

I plan to grow in 2x4 tent 3 gallon bucket

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. As a new grower I would advise you to follow a tried and true recipe instead of trying to invent one yourself.
    Look in the sticky threads at the “soil for beginners” and the “no-till revisited” threads.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. +1 to what Scoob said and would like to add, I would really reconsider using Coir for an organic grow.

Coco Coir is fine with bottled nutes, with organic amendments not so much so.

Peat moss will give you much better results.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. What is azomite ?

5. its a type of clay used as a mineral amendment. i personally wouldn't use it as it contains stuff i would rather not have in my soil. use rock dust instead, basalt being the king of rock dusts.

• Like Like x 1
  6. What things does it have that’s not good for the soil?

7. aluminum is the biggest culprit. a few other baddies like arsenic IIRC, although those are probably in trace amounts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wow really? I tried to look it up can you link me an article if you have time

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  9. [​IMG]
    Here’s how my little experiment is going, I just threw a bag seed in, but I just been top dressing with worm castings, down to earth vegan mix, some plant probiotic I got from amazon, epsom salt and some azomite...it’s also kind of a hempy bucket I got 2 holes on the bottom with about 2 inches of of perlite

10. My first experiment died on me for some reason

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. IMG_7776.JPG
    Here’s my new baby I reused my old batch and added more coco some lime but I I didn’t get the crushed kind so it mIght not be working anytime soon, also got some oyster shell , down to earth vegan fertilizer, epsom salt, and have been watering with some Vermis terra worm tea every other watering I would say this plant is about a 5 weeks

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The strain is either critical Kush or critical mass not sure

13. @waktoo Would this aluminum be potentially harmful for human consumption? And would something like green sand be more beneficial for a rock dust/basalt replacement in that case or does it have relatively the same content of metals?