Coco Coir Nutrients Schedule

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Esi, Mar 17, 2017.

1. http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/growweedeasy.com/files/coco-coir-flora-series-schedule.pdf

1.) Never mix nutrients directly with each other (Does that mean I cannot put in Flora Micro, Flora Gro and Flora Bloom in the water at the same time?)

4.) Maintain pH of 5.5-6.5 (How do I actually keep the pH level at 6 is there a way to keep it there or is it the kind of water I should be using?)

• Repeat Week 3 for a longer vegetative period (I'm guessing this means if I wanted to be in the vegetative stage for longer than 3 weeks right?)

• Give enough water for 10-20% runoff, and always remove runoff! (I also don't understand the 10-20% run off is that the excess water dripping out the bottom?)

Amounts per 3.79 liters (1 US Gallon) (So If I have lets say 10 Gallons i'd use 5tsp's instead of 1/2tsp right?)

(when water is needed) (On the left of the page it says "When Water is needed" when isn't water needed tho?)

Yes i'm a noob and thanks for the help in advanced

• Like Like x 1
  2. @MickFoster Because you seem to know all about it xD

3. I certainly don't know all about it - I only comment on grow methods I have experience with.
    Always mix the micro first, then the bloom or grow. Never mix together right out of the bottle.
    You maintain your pH with pH up and pH down. A pH meter is imperative.
    Feeding to 20% run off is what comes out the bottom.
    1/2 tsp./gal. x 10 gal. = 5 tsp.
    Don't know what the when water is needed thing means.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. hi.

1. no it means don't directly mix micro with bloom...always mix the micro into the water and then add the bloom to the water...not necessarily in that order.

4. imo PH should be 5.8 / 5.9 ....5.5 - 6.5 is a pretty big range. If you are hand watering to waste it should be easy to maintain. I use tapwater because my tapwater isn't terrible. Generally if your tapwater smells and tastes fine as drinking water then you should be ok. If you have hard or soft water deposits in your drains you might need to filter it or go with another source.

*yeh.longer veg.

* runoff is the extra water that runs out of the bottom when you water. If you don't allow for runoff every time you will get salt buildups....Actually you will get some salt buildup either way but having some runoff helps to rinse the old salts out that were left from the previous watering.

I highly recommend getting a measuring syringe instead of using an actual teaspoon...it's far easier and more accurate. These can sometimes be found as (baby) medicine syringes or food injectors too...or of course a hydro store.

I also reccomend jsut using the h3ad formula for coco...it's a modified GH mix specificly for coco ... it's 6ml micro, 9ml bloom, and some calmag, per gallon ph'd at 5.9 This is a mix then can be used from clone to harvest...fuck all that changing nutes every other week.

IMO "watering when needed" ...younger plants that are still developing roots need to be watered slightly less until they develop roots. Letting the coco get semi dry encourages roots to reach out, seeking water. This is a delicate balance though because you never want coco to dry out completely like how soil can. Once roots are well established, you can water all you want...keeping the coco wet/moist all the time.

here's a basic coco guide I wrote a while back, also a cloning tutorial higher up on that page. make sure to second guess any advice too ;)

• Like Like x 3
  5. @Bongsauce "1. no it means don't directly mix micro with bloom...always mix the micro into the water and then add the bloom to the water...not necessarily in that order."
    (See I don't understand ok let's say theres a big pot of water I mix in 6ml 9ml and 2ml all into the pot? and then adjust the PH and pour it into my pot of Coco?)

• Like Like x 1
  6. yeh you mix it all into the pot.. and then that's what you water the coco with. Some growers feed everytime, some cycle in plain waterings. I feed everytime.

what you don't want to do is take, say, a small drinking glass and pour micro and bloom and ph down into it...then pour that into the pot of water. The nutes will react weird when mixed directly together like that...make sense?

• Like Like x 1