Coco brand recommendation

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by LoneGardener, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Hey Blades,

I've just finished off another bag of coco and before I go out and grab more i wanted some recs on whats best out there.

My last 2 bags were less than impressive and I actually rinsed quite a bit of sand out of the last one in addition to the coco powder/dust.

Any suggestions?

TIA

2. canna is awesome

3. You get the bag or brick?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. bag is better I think less powder comes ready to use pretty much

• Like Like x 1
  5. I am bias though - I use canna nutes as well .. Have used other stuff but canna is always good ....

• Like Like x 1
  6. canna line does you well? are there a whole bunch of additives to get or is it a pretty basic lineup?

i'm really wanting a simple nute lineup. base nutes and maybe an extra or 2

7. When I ran coco I used both Canna and Mother Earth with never a problem. I prefer the bag to the brick because I think it has less powder in it. Don't forget to pre-charge with calmag.
    If you want simple nutes I suggest either FloraNova Bloom or MaxiBloom for your base nutes, liquid KoolBloom for the first 6 weeks of flower and dry KoolBloom for ripening. Good luck.

8. Thanks for the recs!

I've been looking at the GH products. I just want to keep it simple. I'm going to give them a go after I use up what I have.

Cheers

9. You can grow great plants without the bloom additives as well. MaxiBloom is cheap and you can use just that all the way through.

10. Super Simple -

11. oh my! now that's what i'm looking for.

I hate going to the hydro stores and asking the guys. because, you know, "you can't grow real weed without these 8 bottles of nutes and supps!"

i may be a stoner but i'm not that stoned

12. I have a thread in the coco section with a grow using only MaxiBloom, tap water, and SM90.

• Like Like x 2
  13. thanks mick! i'm reading through it now

I appreciate the help.

cheers

• Like Like x 1