Coco Beds vs pots

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SemoreNodes, Mar 28, 2016.

1. I am thinking about going from 2 gallon smart pots to 3x3 beds of coco, 12 plants in the 3x3. Was wondering what any of you think, If anyone has made a switch from pots to beds in coco. 2 more runs and im going to do beds of no till. Should i switch or... Cant stop thinking about it.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. My first thoughts are that's a small area for 12 adult girls but have no input on the beds. Are you settup to water that way? How's the drainage in those?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Its not to many it is sog style. I might do 16. I run 12 2 gallon pots now in every 3x3 area yield is a little over a lb every time with a 2 week veg from the 600watt. Im just thinking of switching to the bed for easy watering, have it in a tray that drains into a bucket instead of into 12 seperate pot trays. Im sure yield will still be there. But was hoping if anyone had any experience with the beds over pots.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Drainage is good. I water every day. 3 gallons between the 12 2 gallon pots. Ive never had any deficiency or any problems.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 3x3 bed and the canopy ends up being 4x4. Plants finish at around 3 feet tall.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I might consider something similar with a tray but still using pots. Thanks for the fresh idea

• Like Like x 1
  7. How long for veg+flower. Like how many weeks.?

• Like Like x 1
  8. So what im running takes 9 to 10 weeks flower but that varies from strain. And its about a 2 week veg. Plants are 10 to 12 inches tall when flowered. Also the pots in the tray would be a good idea. I could fit 20 or more in a 3x3 area with a one week veg time and still get yhe same harvest as 10 or 12 with 2 weeks or so veg.

9. Hey I have done this recently and I must say that I love switching over I think it's more convenient however you have to make sure your soil is good or you're feeding it consistently because some plants will show deficiencies While others don't