Coco base with dry amendments

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Elevated Alternatives, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Does Mr. Canuks reuse his coir based soils? If so, for how long? Just curious how it hold up to the test of time.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1

2. Read up on nutrient density in cannabis, it's really interesting. The science behind the fade is still highly debated and i myself have not dove into it at all. But what i can share is my own data, When i get brix reading over 14 they barely fade at all if they fade, they will purple out if it's cold enough but they wont fade. You can't check out doc bud, he's the guy i've seen online with the best data when it comes to nutrient dense farming and cannabis. He's been amassing years of data that is public and easily accessible and now sells a kit. I myself don't use the kit but i've seen some great weed grown in it. Now for some photo proof,
    [​IMG]

Grand daddy purple harvested after 12 weeks of 12/12 and....drum roll please...NO FADE....122 grams dry btw using organic soil.

-Oh and i asked mr cannucks a while back, he said he does recycle his coco sometimes but i have yet to see him do it

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I’m not reading all that because you’re being goofy.. nothing about the way we grow cannabis is natural.. feeding nutrients and sticking them under lights isn’t natural. That plant fading out is 100% natural.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. So you only like to read when it supports YOUR beliefs? :huh: Then I recommend you dont continue to read this post cause im about to get silly...But in case someone else was interested:

I also dont experience much fading come harvest! :eek2:

Hashberry harvested at 83 days:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Panama harvested at 90 days, very little almost no fade:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now this isnt to say fading isnt natural, it is, but that doesnt mean it always has to happen.
    BTW deficiencies are also natural.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. #25 Dreadhed, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    Sounds like something that was said to Darwin after writing the origin species. At first i thought, ok ill link you to some studies, a KIS organics podcast or show you other pictures (and videos (mendo dope clearly harvests non-faded plants outdoors) since you dont like reading) of plants outdoors that didnt fade...but then i thought... I'm done here, if you don't want to learn i dont feel like teaching.

• Agree Agree x 1

6. i think what i'm suggesting is, if canuck would put some ewc, some pine bark, and some compost for a good humus source i think his plants would perform better.

i think the dude grows well, he's well spoken, and his cloning success kinda made me drool a bit. nice harvest! what else can i say - much respect!

somewhere i saw what appeared to be a white canopy. that's what caught my eye. natural senescence is no big deal imo. i was looking at his light set up and one of the reasons a plants leaves can turn white is due to light intensity. maybe i didnt see white. idk at this point.

hey if you're close to canuck suggest he try adding what i suggested to his mix. pretty cheap, 100% effective, and a very common practice for an organic grow. i think he'll probably make a new video showing an increased vigor, overall plant health, and an increased dry weight yield.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I only even brought up Canucks because someone said coco isn’t good for Organics. Which is obviously BS. I don’t care for him. Fading is 100% natural. Feeding nutes until harvest is not natural.

8. It’s not an opinion.

You’re obviously feeding until harvest or right up to it.. which is.. wanna guess?!?! NOT NATURAL. Plants fade during the season change. NATURALLY. Plants do not get fed nutrients by marijuana growing fairies until harvest to reduce fading. What you’re doing would be called UNNATURAL.

Now.. I’m not saying there aren’t benefits to feeding later into flower. I’m also not saying there aren’t benefits to cutting out the nutes a few weeks before harvest. This is purely about you not understanding what the natural process of the marijuana plant is.

Nobody said it doesn’t have to fade. Nobody said it has to fade. Put on your bifocals.

un·nat·u·ral
    /ˌənˈnaCH(ə)rəl/
    adjective
    1. contrary to the ordinary course of nature

9. You're obviously jumping to conclusions. I dont "feed".
    I stopped reading your post after that line.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Pretty much everyone over here in the organic section builds soil and lets the plant take what it wants from the soil. That is as natural as it gets in my book.
    I think fading is somewhat strain and size dependent, some fade, some don't.
    cheers
    os

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Soil is feeding the plant the entire grow. Same exact thing. Please show me a natural soil where marijuana is grown with all the organic additives that y’all put in your soil.. it doesn’t exist..

You keep talking but you’re not saying anything.

12. Show me anywhere in the wild that has a natural “super soil” with the same contents as yours.. doesn’t exist. Plants will take nutrients until they’re chopped.

Plants fading isn’t from anything a grower is making them do. It’s what THEY do.

13. How about next time you throw a plant in veg do your own test.. throw it regular soil and feed it nothing but water. And see what happens.

14. Hey @Josh916 how exactly do you grow? I'm quite interested, seeing as you seem to be an expert, in learning from your vast experience, please share.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ...thought so

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. What’s stopping the plant in nature from nutrient uptake, nothing, those nutrients are still in the soil so the plant takes what it needs specific to it’s life phase. In organics and no til soil it’s the same process, the soil is preamended with organic matter and given water only, with the exception of compost teas. However, the compost teas aren’t for fertilization but for introduction of microbiology to aid in the breakdown of organic matter and maintaining soil life balance. Just like in nature, the plant takes what it needs til harvest. One thing in nature that effects color it fall/ winter cold temps and most indoor growers keep a constant controlled climate. Chemical growers effect color change/ fade by strategically withholding nitrogen during flower and flushing, which starves the plant. Flushing is not needed in organics therefore, fading is not seen very much.

Flushing isn’t natural, that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  17. Helloooo people jimbob here just listening in on the conversation are you people in America or Uk as the stuff mr Canuck use is difficult to get over here but would like to give my thoughts I personally like the fade in plants and believe that it’s is when the plant is sucking the left over energy or canabalizing as they say and will hopefully give u a better smoke with nice white ash is what I think I am no expert I also like to grow in coco as it is clean unlike soil I have had little white things crawling around on I can not get Gaia green here as expensive so I amend coco as so 50l coco 10l perlite 2 cups earthworm casting 2 cups bat poop 2 cups seaweed 100g fish blood and bone 60g palm tree ash and hope for the best first time round I grew some BlackBerry with some amazing colours although buds not very dence not sure if down to genetics or not I am far from professional this is just my 2 pence any opinions appreciated

18. In the end, it's still grown by nature or nothing would grow at all. We just make readily available everything it could ever need. My personal goal is to not mimik nature, but to improve upon it. That's what everyone's goal is as a grower regardless of if you use no till or any other method. To grow the best you can. Plants even in the wild definitely feed they're entire lives. They may not have the nutrients readily available like in no till, but its always actively searching. If it doesn't feed of that nutrient then it was due to the fact that it couldnt, not because it didnt want to.

Every plant responds differently. I've had randomly yellowing leaves, leaves that were green till the very end, and I've had them completely turn yellow... or purple for that matter. There are lots of variances to check for why this happens. Strain, temperature, humidity, time of year, ph fluctuations, stress, pest issues. I'm sure there are a ton more than I'm missing. To narrow it down to one instance does not mean that it's the same reason for everything.

Have I had less yellowing from using no till? Yes, definitely. I've personally found that less yellowing occurs using a mixture of more dolomite lime and using clovers as the top cover. Did it cut it out completely? Of course not.

19. Update on coco organic dry amended grow think plants showing slight signs of nitrogen or potassium deficiencies could be cal-mag but think possible nitrogen slight yellowing on older leaf surface with still green veins think maybe went too light on the fish blood and bone as didn’t want to over do it am giving them a compost cocktail tea today that has been brewed up since yesterday and will see how it goes

• Like Like x 1