Cob light training

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jtrjesse, Aug 20, 2017.

1. I'm new to indoor growing and lighting, but I'm a electrician. I am also all outdoor with a hydro setup and a true high pressure aeroponics. My thought is using the high pressure aeroponics system veg 1 plants with two 50w cobs until there is four nodes than top. Once toped add two more 50w cobs one facing each node at let's say a 33* angle with perhaps a scrog. At this point I would assume the nodes would grow to each cob. Than you would periodically move them farther away. Once they are getting to wide for this add a 200w t5 in the middle and continue tell desired size. Than you would switch to all flower kalven cobs, remove the t5 replacing it with 4 more cobs having a total of 8 cobs. Any thoughts on this?

2. COBs are typically dimmable so you are wasting alot of mental effort here. If you are going with LED stick with LED, dont add something less efficient to the mix. I recommend you read some of the grow journals over at rollitup, as an electrician you will likely appreciate that board more.

Also check out GrowMau5 channel on youtube

3. Waaaay over thinking this... run all 8 cobs dimmed to like 20w each for veg then turn it up come flower time.