CO2Boost Total Ripoff

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Rumpleforeskin, Oct 6, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

<TABLE id=Product_Listing1_dgProductList style="WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 rules=all border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Co2Boost Bucket & Pump $125.00 </TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Co2Boost Pump $25.00 </TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Co2Boost Replacement Bucket $100.00 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

CO2Boost is a total rip-off gimmick. They say it can last up to 60 days before you have to order a $100 replacement bucket. A 20 pound tank of pure CO2 cost $12 to fill and lasts 60 to 90 days (depending on temps). So you can pay $12 or $100 every 60 days.

Another problem is the amount of CO2 a hour they give off. The release is extremely slow, so everytime your vent kick on, it takes the enriched environment with it. A tank is able to keep up and limit the gaps of non-enrichment. So if you don't have a closed system AC cooled grow box, that home brew kit will be doing a whole lot of nothing. They even tell you this on the web site in other words. They got 1500PPM as long as it was not vented and the encloser was small.

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"Well Rumple, the tanks and regs cost way more then CO2Boost". </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    This is true. A few things to think about:
    • Tanks work CO2Boost does not.
    • How long do you plan on using CO2 enrichment?
    • What is the annual cost?
    • How long would the savings on refills pay for a kick-ass tank system?
    CO2 enrichment might not even be worthwhile or practical for your setup. But if you do want it, you should look close at what your buying.

Spend your money on other stuff. Buy a better fan or get a nice ballast, but don't let theses people rip you off. Or instead of buying a CO2Boost system, you can send me half the money, I can kick you in the nutz, and we can call it even.

Peace, R

2. "Or instead of buying a CO2Boost system, you can send me half the money, I can kick you in the nutz, and we can call it even."

HAHA That is F*cking Hilarious! I really did LOL. Just wanted to thank you for your comments in my thread, it was truly helpful. I dont think im gonna go with a CO2 system, you saved me some money, cuz you posted in my thread right b4 i was about to order CO2 Boost. D-BAGS!

I think im just gonna invest the money elsewhere. Like some air exhaust fans or maybe get that 1000 watter.

I am considering another one of your grow room ideas, getting some axial fans and PVC piping to vent my room. With axial fans, do you need to both exhaust and intake, or is using them to exhaust enough?

Once again thanks a million. You truly are a grow innovator and creater.

3. Where is the best place to buy axial fans? Do i have to order online, or do they carry them at like Home Depot, Menards, Radio Shack, Wal-Mart? Any place like that?

4. Rumple has saved me money too on this thing. Thank you.

How ofter do you exhausts fans open up Rumple? And do you use a fan for intake too?

5. RadioShack has AC axil fans but that place is not cheap at all. Ebay is king for all things.

I only use axil fans for my clone room. I run one on each end (in and out).

My main grow has no intake fan. I only use exhaust fans for cooling the grow room. A few 4" holes do the job on intake.

Cooling systems should be hooked to a thermostat. Mine kicks in three times an hour most the year. During summer months the fans cycle alot more.

6. Use real CO2 you pussy.

7. ^^^^^:devious::hello:

HE'S TALKIN ABOUT THE SHIT YOU BREATH OUT

FUCKIN QUEERS!

8. If you want the Pimp Shit, get a HydroGen Pro Water Cooled CO2 generator. If heat isn't an issue, go with the Gen 1 or Gen 2 burner.

I used 20lb tanks for a bit, but burners are far superior.

9. :poke:well i use the co2 boost with awesome results. i am growing berry white(blueberry x white widow)i have a small grow cabinet that is only 36x18 and it is perfect for my 5 girls. i don't need to have any tanks or generators. i use general hydroponics nutes and enhancers and a co2 boost refill bucket every crop at the beginning of bloom for the entire bloom stage and it comes on with my light for the 12 hrs it is on and i have doubled my yield and i also noticed i have a lot more density with the co2 boost then i did before. i wouldn't use it for an actual grow room but it really does serve its purpose for a cabinet setup. i am wondering though that if i have the pump and tubing and bucket can i just do the sugar and yeast method in the same setup and have the pump sending co2 to my babies or wont it work with this design? just curious because if i can get the same results without laying out the extra 100 bucks then i will try it but if that method doesn't produce like the refill bucket then i will just put out the money every crop. i got 4.3 ounces before co2 boost and now i get 8+ ounces every time out of 5 plants and the nugs are perfecto!!! sooo it does work and the result pays for the 100 bucks a crop over and over in weight.:eek:

10. I ferment my beer and direct the CO2 (via the air lock) into my grow closet. I brew anyway so why not use the gases to help my loved ones grow, LOL