Co2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 5_Assed_Monkey, May 19, 2017.

1. I cant turn my fan off, 6inch hurricane running on low. Im thinking co2 is out for me? Sad part is i get all i can have. Free.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2. If you position the co2 source so that the co2 must travel thru as much foliage as possible to reach the exhaust exit, and maybe blow a low speed fan from the co2 source to your plants, then they might be able to make use of a small fraction of the co2 as it heads for the exit. I recently bought one of those co2 fungus bags, and it makes practically no difference due to the exhaust fan, according to my co2 meter. Normal co2 levels are around 350 ppm, but we city dwellers might see 500-600.

3. If co2 is free just dump twice as much to compensate for the fan more is better than less

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you get an AC you can seal the room. That's the only way to properly do CO2. I you're venting the room you're probably wasting your time. It takes a pretty high concentration to see benefits. You also need an abundance of light. If you don't have at least 45-60 watts per square foot you won't have enough extra light to take advantage of it.

Plants need co2, light, and nutrients to grow. You can give them all the co2 you want if they don't get enough of the other two ingredients to that equation they won't grow any faster.

The only way to really do it right is to seal the room. Use an ac in it to keep the temp about 90 or above, and use a controller to keep your co2 ppm in the 1200-1500 ppm range. Turn it off at night and vent the room.

I've been researching growing for 20+ years before I got into it. I always planned on using CO2. When I dug deep doing my final setup research I decided it's not for me. In fact I don't think it's really for any smaller scale personal grow. The troubles outweigh the benefits.

CO2 only really helps you veg plants larger and faster. It hasn't been shown to increase bud production or potency when compared with the same size plant vegged without co2. Most co2 users stop using it about 2 weeks in flower.

I already veg plants that are borderline too big and give plants away that I can't bud. I don't think I need to veg faster.

Read this article before you set it up.
    How to Use CO2 to Increase Cannabis Yields! | Grow Weed Easy
    Beware! Some people (especially companies selling poor CO2 products) will try to trick you into thinking that CO2 is some magical supplement you add to your grow room to make plants grow better. Unfortunately this is not the case! There are good ways to add CO2... and there are ineffective ways.

"The two most effective CO2 enrichment methods are using a CO2 generator or buying tanked or bottled CO2, combining your enrichment method with a CO2 regulator or timer. This lets you automate everything. Don't worry, we're going to walk you through the whole thing.

CO2 Generators and Compressed CO2 are the most effective ways to add CO2 to your grow area. I do not really recommend any of the other methods except as a way to try out CO2 for the first time without having to make a big investment."

5. Yea, im going to forego the co2. I have 0 problems in veg...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6. Co2 is really when youve mastered everything else and theres no other way to make your grow better usually use in larger grows mostly use for veg times

7. Mostly used for veg???
    Huh - try increasing yield in bloom

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Most only use it the first few weeks of flower