CO2 with YEAST.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CheesyPeace, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Ok so i just put 1lb of sugar into a 2 l jug with hot water. I added 1 pack of dry active yeast..

I dont think its working because there isnt any foam or bubbles happening... The whole jug just turned brown and smells gross.. It looks like the yeast is floating around in little white curds now...

Did I do something wrong or whats going on here??!?!?!

Please Comment any help appreciated..

2. hot water kills the yeast. you need to mix the yeast with cold water and mixe it around enough so it disolves as much as it can. I made the same mistake my first time.....

3. May I humbly suggest luke warm water (room temp).
    The poster above me is correct, hot water killed the yeast and cold water doesn't let the yeast react properly (chef in a former life).

4. word... room temperature is what i meant as well, just water straight from the tap

5. Tap water has chlorine and other chemicals in it.This is probaly killing the yeast.

Use bottled water.if you cant use bottled water boil tap water and leave it rest for 48hours in a sterile container.

6. Tap water is fine, trust me I used to make hundreds of pounds of pizza dough with tap water no problem. Unless you have well water with sulpher in it or some other contaminant, tap water is perfectly fine. :)