Co2+vent fan?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BongRipperK, Feb 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hi, so i have an 8 x 4 tent with a vent fan running. I was thinking about adding CO2, but I was wondering if it's even worth it with the vent fan?? Thanks!!

2. I would only add C02 if my temps were over 30 degrees on a constant basis....

3. 27-30 on average.

4. #4 PAOLO1981, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    As long as it doesn't exceed 30 + degrees on a regular basis, i don't think it is required.
    If you just wanted to reduce your temps by 5 degrees or so, you could just upgrade your extraction fan - Worked wonders for me mate

5. Fans 100cfm over whats recommended, just figured if co2 helps plants with photosythesis i may get a bit extra. May just try an exhale bag, only 40 bucks and even if it gives me an extra 10gs its well worth it.

6. #6 PAOLO1981, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Yea, i agree mate. Your temps are high (ish), so C02 wont hurt anything mate! .. I don't think it is necessarily "required" but certainly wont hurt! Good luck pal.

• Like Like x 1
  7. This is how Exhale makes its money.
    Fool people into thinking these things help, and plan on people thinking it's not too much money wasted just to try.
    If your tent is at all vented, the meager co2 these bags make will do nothing before being vented out.
    I bought a co2 meter to check these out in my vented tent, and they didn't increase co2 at all.

• Like Like x 2
  8. You need above some intense amount of light also be 4 c02 will boost growth.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

9. Thanks, need to get a meter myself. Don't like guessing, but would like to raise it at some point for a reasonable price. I assume if anything you would go with a tank? Or would you say nothing at all?

10. My opinion is that using co2 is counterproductive for most home growers.
    It might detract from other grow procedures and harm yield.
    Using hydroponics will increase yield much more than co2 will.

11. Really, I guess all the home grow hydro were done wrong (not being sarcastic, very possible lol) Because I've always seen more from soil consistantly. But most people i know don't use 3 gallon pots like a lot of people, they use 10-20... And to me hydro has too many things that can go wrong and kill all your plants. What if your not home and shit messes up. Risk vs reward is just not there for hydro in my opinion, I go out a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm getting rid of all my co2 gear. Sleeping in a room with a tent gave me over 1000ppm constantly sometimes 1900ppm... Careful when making sexy steamy Love.
    So if you sleep in your grow room save the money, and buy more tents, lights, and seeds.

• Like Like x 2
  13. You have to be providing over 1000ppfd to the better part of your canopy for extra co2 to be beneficial to your plants. Only then do your plants stop being light limited and then become carb limited then you can get some benefit from CO2.
    This is an incredible amount of light ( hard to achieve) and most people find the return not worth it .
    Also if anyone plans on using the Exhale bags know that they have to be activated about a month before they start producing CO2.
    I was thinking of using CO2 until I got into some research

• Like Like x 2
  14. Those things going wrong in hydro has not been my experience.
    But unwarranted fears of things going wrong does scare people away from hydro.
    Here's what GrowWeedEasy has to say Is it better to grow cannabis in soil or hydro? | Grow Weed Easy

"Faster Growth – Faster vegetative growth than any other growing method, which can result in harvests that come in sooner.

Bigger Yields – Experienced hydroponic growers usually get bigger yields than experienced soil growers – given the same conditions (light, nutrients, etc).

Less Likely To Get Pests – Of all the grow types, hydroponic growers are least likely have their garden attacked by bugs or pests (though it’s definitely still possible). Many pests need soil as part of their lifecycle, and many growers accidentally introduce pests into their grow room when buying new soil.

Some Options Are Low Maintenance – Some hydro methods are relatively low maintenance, and many growers believe some options are as simple as growing in soil (learn more about different types of hydroponic setups below)."

People who are comfortable with measuring devices will love hydro, but people who are uncomfortable with those devices won't.