co2 question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sinscalyx, Mar 17, 2013.

1. When to start adding co2?

2. Can you tell us more about your setup?

Size of room?
    Type of light?
    Number of plants?
    How far along are you?
    Sealed system already ?

Do you already have the CO ? if so what do you have?

Later :wave:

3. Built a cabinet downstairs,4 cfl 100w(getting more),fan,heater,humidifier,ferts...etc...I dont have co2 yet,just researching. Plants only a week above soil,so still way early.

4. I've been reading a lot about CO2. Maybe too much....I Have a 6' X 7' X 8' grow room using T5 grow lamps and a bunch of 26 watt cfl's on 8 plants. My plants popped out about 7 days ago. vertical growth is a little slow, about 2 inches tall but the leaves are about 1/2" wide and 2" long. I mixed up yeast, water and sugar today in a milk bottle venting through a tube hung about 6 ft off the floor. I also have a fan running full time and based on what I read I'm keeping the temp about 80. The room is not totally sealed so I don't know if the CO2 will add anything. The plants look great though! Is it worth it?

5. If your running your fan your just sucking the co2 out of the room....I have seen people use co2 from day one.

6. Well I know to turn fan off when giving co2,just wondering when to start.

7. CO will only increase your yield if EVERYTHING else is totally optimal

Most CFL grows are not bright enough to really utilize CO

Also CO needs to be in a closed system, meaning the cabinet has to be sealed air tight
    except for controlled ventilation, If not all the CO "leaks" right out

I was also told by the experts here, the only way to really get enough CO is using a Tank and Regulator

I would get a few grows under your belt and not even worry about CO
    There is plenty of CO in the air as long as you replace it like once every hour or so

Hope This Helps, Later :wave:

8. I'm not running an exhaust fan, just a recirculating fan to get the air moving.

9. Thanks for the info. Since it's already setup I'll probably wait for fermentation to complete, I'm pretty sure it will have some alcohol in it.....

10. 8 plants, a 6' X 7' X 8' grow room, You need a TON of light

A room that size could handle 2 Huge HID's

Why not get a couple of cheap MH lights, its a proven fact that by the time you buy all the CFL's and T5's it costs MORE and You Get Much Less Light

Don't worry about CO .....

Later :wave:

11. I have no doubt you're right. That said, I'll stay with what I've got for now. I bought seeds from BDS.com which apparently is a huge mistake, except that every seed germinated, I'm using MG potting soil, again, what was I thinking? Except that the little plants look beautiful and healthy. We'll see how it all turns out. If the little ladies (hopefully) start looking wimpy, I'll switch out the lighting. Thanks for the info!

12. Never turn off you fans to add CO2. Better to have optimal temps than CO2 enrichment.

You all have enough CO2 for the type of grow you are doing. Talk to your plants if you want more.

13. I agree.....I never used it, just have great air flow.....700grams per 1k

14. Thanx for the info guys,ill stick with What I Have for now and on my next grow try the other things. Lets just see if I can keep them Alive this go round.

15. That's what I said !!, Don't worry about CO...Worry about whether you have enough light!!

16. I was being a little ironic....I read some good reviews, decided to buy from BuyDutchSeeds.com and while waiting for the seeds to arrive read a bunch of bad reviews. My experience was like yours. Great communication, shipped in 9 days, very discrete, had 100% germination (even the free ones) and the plants look great. I got banned from a different web site only because my first post was a good review of BDS. I think that was total BS but some people REALLY don't like BDS.