co2 question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Supremosteve, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Do u need to set up a co2 system in a grow tent. Or would the air that's being pulled in have the sufficient amounts of co2 for the babies

2. No you dont have to the air thats being pulle in will be enough but I myself introduced c02 in to my tent and I had explosive growth in the matter of a week it can increase your overall final yield by %25 so to answer your question no its not essential but it will help you

3. You don't need it unless you're going to set it up right which can cost a fair bit of money and planning.

4. Also depends of the size of your tent or grow box. I wouldn't really bother setting up a co2 gen in a grow tent, would only bother spending the time and money on one if i were to be setting up a large room and or factory ^_^

Anyways, to answer your question, no you don't need to set up one for a tent as the air intake in a tent will be a sufficent supply of co2 for your girls. But yes if you have the time and money you can most definately set a good efficient system up and increase yields and plant happies. Whatever answer you choose to take under your wing, you will get a decent yield if everythings done correctly with or without a co2 gen.

5. U don't need need to use CO2,but if u use it in veg period it will increase the speed ur plants grow.Also it helps if temperatures are hi.Take a not that too mutch CO2 can kill the plants,so u need to have some knowledge to do this.If u have some concret questions post here.

6. A photosynthesizing organism is a tiny factory. CO2 and H2O go in, energy is consumed, sugars are stored, H2O and O2 come out. The processing limits of every such organism as a factory are set by the number of processing units, the amount of CO2 and H2O, and the amount of sunlight available. These amounts vary in ratio in different climatic zones.

Green plants have adapted to current climatic zones. A plant may have adapted to excess humidity, excess heat or excess CO2. Adaptation is a process which occurs over geological-scale time periods.

If a plant has adapted to process CO2 within a particular range of values, then it will have no mechanism for processing CO2 above that range. Some plants will simply not make use of any excess CO2, exhibiting a simple failure mode. Other plants will exhibit a mode typical of all living things: as the amount of a nutrient increases beyond an upper limit the uptake of that nutrient begins to fall. Ultimately, at the point where uptake is insufficient to support life, the organism dies.

The only way to reliably and predictably increase plant uptake of CO2 is to increase the number of plants. A limit is reached again where the plants in an area are absorbing all available insolation. Adding more plants beyond that point produces a crowding effect whereby the biomass sequesters ever less carbon as ever more plants are added.

Every system has limits. Living organisms are biological systems and so they must have limits.

A photosynthesizing organism pushed beyond its biochemical processing limits will not suddenly mutate into a new species.

Plants thrive on CO2 up to a limit. Beyond that limit, excess CO2 may, depending on the type of plant: have no effect; reduce CO2 uptake; kill the plant.

7. you certainly don't "need" to add co2, however IF you have all the other requirements spot on, adding co2 will give the plants a good boost in growth
    personally I just prefer to have really good ventilation. it's a lot cheaper and easier.
    because of the heat building up you need to use cool tube lamps so they can be cooled when your exhaust fan is turned off