co2 or no co2?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by buger_piker, Oct 3, 2006.

1. ok i juss got my first grow going and i was ganna put a rubbermaid box in my closet since my moms boyfrend is comeing. my question is should have some type of venting connected to the passive intake holes and the vents sticking outside of the closet so fresh air from my room comes in or should leave the door closed and just hav a bottle of the yeast, suger, warm water mixture inside the closet?

does look healthy for a 5 year old? it looks small but the pot is 7 inches my cam is gay
    [​IMG]

2. Ok, Fresh air is important to plants. CO2 is not an alternative to Fresh Air... CO2 is the same gas given off a candle when you burn it, plants love co2, but it is a toxic gas and too much can be harmful to them.

The Yeast method will not make enough Co2 to kill your plants, but it's only added during the dark period of the flowering stage and you will still need to get air in and out of the closet...

Are you using a fan at all, to move air in and out of the closet or a fan to move air around the closet????

3. I hope you mis-typed when you put 5 year old...:)

4. homegrower- yes im planning on haveing a passive intake in a rubbermaid tote. i think im ganna have venting hoses of some kind conected to the intake holes and stick the hoses out with the door cracked open. will dat do??

handy- i meant 5 days old. lol dats funny 5 years old

5. No point in running hoses/ducting if there's nothing moving the air through them. You'll have to get a computer fan or something to connect to the ducting to suck air into the room or blow air out. If your going to leave the closet open anyway, you don't need ducting unless you can force the air in or out.

6. yeah thats wut i meant. a passive intake useing computer fans at the top of the rubbermaid tote with the hoses connected to the passive intake holes at the bottem of the tote.

7. I use the Co2 from my homebrewing and my plants love it