Co2 Monitoring and Supplement

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by RecStoner, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Hey guys, I am looking at Co2 and had a general question.

For a small room, seems like it is better to go with a Co2 Bottle. Assume the room is say 8X8X6, How much can Co2 Can I expect to use to keep the level around 1000 PPM?

I know it is an open question and there are many other variables but, just looking for a ball park idea. Am I looking to fill the tank once a week, month, quarter?

Can anyone recommend an affordable meter so I can see where it is now?

Thanks!

2. CO2 enrichment helps only when using very powerful lights by allowing the plants to absorb more of the light. If your lights ARENT overkill for your space, it won't help. Many will swear otherwise, but if you look at the science behind it, you'll find they're wrong.

3. #3 Fataqui, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    Let see, 384sf, would need a flow rate 0.4 cfph to supply an extra 1000ppm(s). So if you had a 10 pound bottle with a regulator it would last you a little over one 12 hour light cycle, or 14.6 hours total. It would be better to buy a cheap co2 generator than go the bottle route. Sure the initial cost is around $300.00 but you will spend that really quick on bottle refills. Blueprint has some cheap ones that work fairly well, but they are nothing like a Johnson, I love my Johnson, I mean my plants love my Johnson, LOL!

Oh' yeah, I forgot this... just remember to really use co2 you need some MAD LIGHTING going on, I have found that the sweet spot for me is 68watts psf....