Co2 liquid??????????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by growdirt, Mar 13, 2009.

1. did any1 use this CO2 liquid ampules?
    its says for fresh water aquarium plants, should i try it???????????

2. No... CO2 liquid ampules used in aquarium will always be NOT ENOUGH.
    The thing is used to pump CO2 into the water with a little meter that tells you how much you've pumped. In Chemistry, CO2 is slightly soluble to water.

If you wanna use it on plants, it has to be at the stage of germination when it had shown their first pair of true leaves. You could put your little girl into a slightly sealed container and pump CO2 in with that, otherwise, it will not be enough whatsoever.

3. Homeade CO2

The most common would be the sugar and yeast recipe. You can purchase active yeast in your local homemade brewery shop.
    Depending on your growroom size:
    The following recipe should supply a 8x6x8 (LxWxH) growroom for 2 or 3 weeks:
    Ingredients:
    Active yeast.
    Sugar
    5L plastic bottle with screw-on lid
    Sharp knife
    Warm water

Put 4 or 5 cups of sugar in the plastic bottle, add 3L of water, the warmer the better, not boiling (it will melt the plastic bottle), just warm enough to dissolve the sugar. Let it cool down to room temperature and add a few tablespoons of the active yeast. With the sharp knife (or scalpal) make a slice on the top of the screw-on lid. Screw the lid on, and shake the bottle regularly for 2 days, there you go. After 2 days it will produce CO2.The ingredients will react with eachother, the yeast eats the sugar and (excuse my french) shits out alchol while releasing CO2. Even though it consantly releases CO2, you should shake the bottle frequently, it keep the mixture active and it will let bursts of CO2 into the air.

4. If you got a small size crop, you dont need a CO2 supply system. Just a normal air flow will deliver enough Co2.

Just like humans with oxygen, we don't grow faster if we breath 100% oxygen... in fact, it's toxic.

5. IMHO without regulator and tank your ability to keep the correct concentration in your grow room in minimal and not worth the effort. Look at umm Rumpleforskins grow and his comments on CO2 in a post on the second page or something i remember reading it.

6. I have A tank and regulator which I use,I'm just wondering if any1 ever heard about these(just for general knowledge).
    my buddy gave these ampules (see pic).could they can do any good
    or a big no no?

Attached Files:

7. Not a big yes or no...just useless for growing.

8. It should be like watering your plant with sparkling water. I should be good if it generates only CO2, but in some way it might increase your alkaline level of the soil, but it really depend on the quality of the liquid you have. try to read the manual carefully for what it contains, or try to find something on the internet for it's content amd quality.

9. roots use oxygen. Leafs use Co2.

Just go breath some air in there. People make co2 ;-)

10. #10 wxchiga, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
    Who told you that roots use OXYGEN and leaves use CO2?

It's called "mislead and cause harm to the young men"

All plants absorb CO2 and give off Oxygen when the lights are on and absorb Oxygen when the lights are off.

11. #11 zpyro, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
    not quite. plants use co2 and emit o2 as a byproduct of photosynthesis, and they do a little cellular respiration at night (opposite of photosynthesis), but roots DO need oxygen. that's why you can't just put your hydroponic plants' roots in standing water. you must OXYGENATE the solution or your plants will literally suffocate. same deal with overwatering; the roots are unable to get oxygen because the soil is oversaturated with water. you only end up drowning them.

you might want to follow your own advice about misleading info, at least until you know what you're talking about...

"Without question, the biggest benefit from aerification is increased soil oxygen levels. Some soil scientist call oxygen the forgotten plant nutrient. Most individuals are aware of the importance of plant nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, etc., but forget that the three most important plant nutrients are carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. Carbon and oxygen are taken up by the leaves for photosynthesis in the form of carbon dioxide. Plants take up hydrogen and oxygen as water. What is rarely understood is that plant roots also need oxygen for growth and nutrient uptake. Plant roots take up oxygen and give off carbon dioxide just as animals do when breathing. So, where does the soil oxygen come from? It comes from the soil air, which originates from the air above it. Soils must be able to “breath” in and hold enough oxygen in the soil for roots to grow and function properly.

Under ideal conditions, soils should contain approximately 50% minerals, 25% oxygen (soil air) and 25% water. In compacted soils, minerals become 70%, soil water 25% and soil air 5%, while in water logged conditions, minerals are 50%, water 45% and soil air 5%. In both of these conditions, soil air becomes a limiting factor, thus reducing the roots ability to actively grow and to take up plant nutrients and water. In soils with limited soil air, the turfgrass root system will be found growing in the very top part of the soil. Turfgrass growing in soils with limited oxygen will not respond to fertilizer applications because there are fewer roots to absorb the nutrients. Lack of oxygen also prevents the roots from making the energy needed for nutrient uptake. In addition, soil microorganisms need oxygen to recycle some of the important soil nutrients needed by the plants."
    http://www.plantanswers.com/aerification_turfgrass.htm

12. Sorry about the persistence. Let's see if I put this right. It can't be 100% CO2 for the roots at night or day time, and it can't be 100% O2 for the leaves at day time or night time. The plants need both CO2 or O2 at the same time any time, but just the percentage thing.