Co2 In Grow Tent?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by unsung420, Sep 6, 2014.

1. I am moving next week and setting up a new and improved grow room. I am renting but will be doing it in the garage. I am definitely going to implement CO2 with tanks and a regulator and I want to go the sealed room route without intake/exhaust. I currently own several grow tents (secret jardin and grow lab). I know they are not light tight or air tight. I have been looking into the new gorilla grow tents and they seem like they would be capable of using CO2 in them and not letting it leak out all crazy. I am torn between trying out the new gorilla grow tents or building a room myself. I am just skeptical of building a room because I have no experience with carpentry or building anything like that of the sort. I feel like it would be a big headache and take me a long time to build the room. Its always been my understanding CO2 in a tent would be highly inferior and a waste of money but these new gorilla grow tents have me intrigued. Anyone have any insight or experience with using these tents with co2? 

any help is appreciated, thanks!

2. Hi Unsung,

Welcome to the world of sealed room growing!  I grow this way, exclusively right now, and it works fantastic.  Like anything, there are pros and cons.   Pros: Perfectly dialed environment all the time, and the weed grows like weeds.  Cons: It's expensive and complex to get dialed in.

Please keep in mind that just adding CO2 to your grow tent isn't the end of it.  If you're growing sealed, then you need a way to manage your temperature, and humidity levels.   One thing most people new to sealed growing don't consider is condensate and the "water cycle" of a sealed environment.   You're going to need an air conditioner, dehumidifier, CO2 source, possibly a heater (if you live in a cold climate where night time temps will drop significantly) and before you get any benefit from supplementing CO2, you had best have wraps on all other elements of growing.  Meaning, you should be dialed in.  Don't forget that you'll need a central controller to control all the gadgets automatically, too. 

My motivation for growing in a sealed room is due to smell.  Yes, I grow legally, but I live in close proximity to neighbors, who would probably rather not smell my garden 24/7.  So I chose to grow in a sealed room out of respect for my neighbors.   I didn't realize how expensive it would be to set up and run, but has proven to be well worth the time, resources, and effort.

Before you get too attached to the idea of growing in a sealed environment, I would ask what benefit you hope to gain by adding CO2?

Cheers,
    Past

3. Past said it perfectly.

I can tell you that the Gorilla tents are both nice as well as expensive but they also leak light. I am growing out of a tent at the moment and I can't wait for the day to come where I am living elsewhere and have a dedicated room.