Co2 In A Growroom No Significant Diffrence

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by trueweedsmoker, Jun 3, 2013.

1. my temps reached 90 degrees... sealed room with fans running.

2. Keep the humidity down to 45-55% and you should rock it with that setup.

3. ok my humidity was around 20 - 30%.i changed alot since then.......im scared to have my humidity so high during flower

4. CO2 makes a difference. one can increase yield upwards of 30%. but everything has to be dialed in. we are using an under current system, room is sealed and atmosphere is controlled.
    once we introduced 1500ppm CO2 lvls we noticed plants were using upwards of 100ppm, and 10gal a day, and grow 1-2" daily.
    we are constantly raising the ppm of nutrients.

if you just add some CO2 with out a controller, and dont keep and eye on EC to know when and how much food to add you are not going to get desired results. like everyone is saying, everything is relevent in your garden. CO2 lvls go up, so must temp, water and food usage, and photosynthesis. 

5. if humidity is to low, leaves and flowers can turn brown and brittle, and even stop growing, humidity is a crucial part is a plants abilty to breath. to low and it will suck the moister out of the plant, to high and the plant cant expel  water and o2.
    you can raise humidity 40-60% during most of flowering, then over time continue to lowering humidity the last couple weeks, the last week, lower humidity down to 30% and this can increase resin production. 
    house and garden has a product called top booster, and this will cause an optical drought, and trick the plant into thinking its at the end of its life cycle and conditions are dyer the they really are, thus increasing resin production, with out the stress.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ok kool, so i have to keep the humidity just right.....temps hit a little of 90 though.

7. I have a CO2 generator (fermenter) and run my supply tubes right next to my plants. As they grow I'm going to add 't's to the line and run hoses up. I do see a huge difference in veg so far. But we're at the very beginning.

8. Yeah you won't see a bit of difference from a fermenter or home brew CO2. They do in fact make CO2 but not enough to maintain it to enrichment levels. Most just make a weird smell and trick the grower into thinking he is doing better with it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. i had a tank and regulator and didnt see no results....i see better results now.

new grow link + video

10. #30 fenabar, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013
    rumple I disagree. if you apply a little bit of fluid dynamics you can get an increase in CO2 at your plants with the fermentation. The way I have mine set up now will change slightly as the plants get bigger. Here's the key, as I see it, think of CO2 flowing like water in the tube. It is heavier then air and quickly goes to the floor, like water. So if the openings in my tubing are on the top side the whole tube will fill before it spills out. I'm planning on putting in 'T's pointing up, and having tubing going that way too. If I keep the tops of the tubes even they will let CO2 drip down over the top of my plants. The smell people get is the alcohol, the bubbler I use eliminates most of that, plus it's a good flow indicator. Even the small amount of CO2 plants receive from people talking to them can have an impact on plant growth. That is well established. There has to be more CO2 being sent directly on top of my plants by my kit then they would get if I sang in the room. 

The only place CO2 concentrations matter are the surfaces of the leaves. 

edit: it's the difference between someone farting in the room and someone farting while sitting on your face. If you have an older brother you'll know what I'm talking about  :yay:

11. #31 Rumpleforeskin, Oct 28, 2013
    I have measured a number of home brew methods using two monitors, I was able to remove theory and bro-science from the question.

When sealed using no ventilation, I was able to get the level higher than normal (around 200-300 PPMs more then normal air using most methods). Some of the stuff we tested: sugar/yeast, baking soda, Green-pads, Boost buckets, and pucks. 

If you are working to get 800PPMs in a sealed room with no ventilation, we would debate whether or not that would be helpful.  Most experts will tell you enrichment starts at 1200PPMs (I run mine at 2000 PPMs).

But that is not even the debate here. We are not talking about a sealed room. As soon as the fan comes on, all the enrichment is sucked out instantly. It will not linger at the bottom of the grow (we tested it). Our monitor showed no signs of enrichment at all within a few seconds of the ventilation cycling.

That is only half the problem. The other half is the small amount of CO2 home brew makes a minute can not sustain real enrichment levels.

What home brew CO2 does: Gives the new growers a good feeling.

I have found that most folks using home brew CO2 do very well. They are the kind of people that will do what ever it takes to make the plants happy. Normally it does not stop at CO2. So if it makes you feel good, do it.

Bottom line is it is just bro-science but not even close to fact.

Peace, R.

• Like Like x 4
  12. you're talking about ppm in the room, not at the leaves. it's not bro science, it's actual science. The small amounts of co2 produced will have an effect on the plant. Tell me, how much co2 does your breath contain? When you talk to your plants, what's your PPM's at your plant? Do you know how many studies show talking to plants helps because of the additional co2 from talking to plants?

• Like Like x 1
  13. #33 Rumpleforeskin, Oct 28, 2013
    We always measure at the leaves/tops, Take a look at my pictures, you will see something that looks like a microphone hanging near the tops. That is my Sentinel CHHC CO2 sensor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The one we now use to test bottom CO2 levels
    [​IMG]

Ok my brother, your are right and I stand corrected. Best of luck with your grow.
    R.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks...that was my Deadhead og grow.  My grow I just finished was Gorilla grape and Blue cheese and I didnt use c02 on them.  Im gonna give it another shot with this grow which is Headband.  I havent did the scrog yet but Im gonna have to this time cause my weight was low and cant figure it out.  My stems was over an inch wide.my humidity was low.......  Out of 12 plants, 2600 watts Hid,s and another 1300 watts cfl's added in the 4th week of flowering, I only pulled 2 pounds.  I mean thats more than enough for us, and for me to help others, but what the f... happened.  My conditions was perfect and I had a few bumps from my buckets running low but thats about it.  I vegged for about 40 days.  Should I have vegged longer.  I grew 1 Gorilla Grape and the other 11 was Blue cheese which is a decent yielder, so I had a problem somewhere with that much light.  I dont think I should've yielded that low with burned out bulbs.  Im trying Headband this time its said to have a 800/m2 yield.
    \nDo anyone have an idea what might of happened.  Im just tryna become a better grower.

16. #36 trueweedsmoker, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
    kool on the deadhead I was running 1500 ppm's that was about 7 minutes I believe at the recommended time, then I would refill the room every hour after exhausting for a half hour.   what do you recommend without a controller.  sorry guys havent been on in a while thanks for the info, I will definetly utilize it.

17.  Don't ever shut your ventilation off to inject CO2, only inject CO2 when the ventilation is not needed. This is the reason timers don't work well. I did it and went through and wasted a ton of gas.

Consistent cool room temps should be your main focus. Proper temps will yield more than wack temps with enrichment. My advice is invest in a thermostat and wait on the CO2 until you have the cash for a proper controller. If you insist on using the timer, make sure your ventilation is on a thermostat.
    Best of luck, R.

18. ok.  yea my temps was at about 76 normally, but soon as i turned off the ac it shoy to 90+ degrees within minutes.  So your saying I can utilize my ac but dont ever exhaust the gas.

19. #39 Rumpleforeskin, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
    Not what I said. This is why most folks using CO2 enrichment have a sealed room with recirculating AC installed into the room.
    You are better off keeping your ventilation running maintaining 76 degrees. Only inject CO2 if you don't need the ventilation, most of us need ventilation.

I know you want to use your CO2 system and it seems like a waste if you don't. But proper maintained temps will do more for your plants than wide temperature swings with a few moments of enrichment.

Not what you want to hear and most likely my advice will fall on the deaf. I tell you this because I was doing the same thing you are doing now, I spent lots of months doing the wrong thing and paying the price for my mistakes. You can fix your system or you can come to the same conclusion a year from now.

I don't have AC in my grow closet. I have a sealed room that cools the lamp via cool-tube from the outside (not from grow room air). I have a separate cooling system (8" inline fan) for my room ventilation. My room will ventilate when temps go to 80 degrees. Without the lamp adding heat, the room only needs to ventilate one or two times an hour for only one minute at a time. Everything is controlled with a Sentinel CHHC-1. Without the controller, it would be impossible.

Peace, R.

• Like Like x 1
  20. thanks for taking the timee to put me up on game.