co2 grow buckets?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by tommysupra13, Oct 4, 2015.

1. what's the deal with these grow buckets? has anyone actually used them and measured the air for co2 ? does it compare to a co2 tank/regulator?

is it worth buying them or should I just invest in a traditional co2 set up?

what co2 tank/regulator system would you guys recommend and what is a good bang for the buck?
    where can you get co2 tanks filled up?

thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. We tested them and just about every other cheap so called CO2 generator(pad, buckets, pucks, home-brew). All of them will make CO2.... Just not enough to make a difference and so slow that any ventilation will remove it before having the chance to be used.
    This type of product is only designed to separate money from new growers. Most folks asking the question or using this product can spend money and resource that really make a difference in other aspects of the grow. We all want cheap and easy CO2, but nothing good is cheap and easy.
    100% total rip-off.
    Peace, R.

3. that's what I figured ..
    any advice on a simple co2 tank set up? my room is 6'x7'x8'

4. oh and has anyone ever heard of spraying the plants directly with carbonated water ? will that work ? or will it just cause damage from water spots on the leafs?

5. #5 Rumpleforeskin, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015
    Soda water is one of the funnier grow myths. It won't hurt anything besides adding moisture and mold risk. I like a real dry grow room. Carbonated water won't add extra CO2 to your room, just moisture.
    Save the club soda for mixed drinks.
    Because you asked the question, I would bet you could do other things to your grow op to get double digit increases your yield and quality. CO2 is for the guy who does not have to ventilate his grow room. Nothing cheap or easy about it. You can find cheap compressed CO2 tanks and regs that run off a timer, but again it will just waste loads of CO2 and the gains will be minor if any. Better to have constant optimum temps than CO2 enrichment.
    To do it right, you will need a real room controller ($700 to $1000), and a way to not have to constantly ventilate/cool your room (AC).
    Peace, R.

6. I thought the soda water sounded stupid lol... I have an intake and exhaust system with a Titan speed controller with day time/ night time control and I have a humidity controller also with daytime nighttime control I have one hurricane figure 8 oscillating fan and I'm running 8 advanced led 100 watt lights. I also have a heater hooked up to a thermostat so I can maintain a constant temp at night. I'm almost done building it
    any advice?
    [IMG_9691.PNGattachment=1890738:ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444005947.010272.jpg] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1444006036.768475.jpg

Attached Files:

7. what you said about keeping the temp constant makes sense. I've noticed a lot of people saying you need constant air exchange by running exhaust and intake constantly this never made sense to me because then you would constantly be sucking the moisture out of the air. I guess I'm better off using my cooling thermostat to control when air exchange takes place and just let the oscillating fan move the air around
    I don't think I need an air conditioner because I will be growing during the winter months. I have a lung room set up with air that will be consistently 70 for intake and my room is extremely well insulated and sealed up.