Co2 generators

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by dsbigd99, Oct 27, 2010.

1. I see the Co2 generators and they look like a gas furnace. Is that basically what they are?

2. basically the most expensive colman camping stove u have ever bought. only differnce is they have been regulated to produce so and so co2 per hour.

3. I am growing in a stealth box and have it behind my gas furnace I will assume this is gonna be beneficial to my plants then!

Would that be true?

4. no idea, is it a propane furnace?

5. There is another kind of CO2. It's called CO2 Boost. It will last for about 3 months. 90.oo to replace the CO2.

6. I've never used a CO2 injection system, but I am trying two of these right now.

7. how is that working for you? do they need to be replaced? how are they maintained? or how long do they last? (im a little new to c02)

i was interested in getting those but i didnt wanna make the leap unless they work.

let me know please.

8. Some info from their website.

I was on the phone with my hydroponics dealer and he told me about these. According to their website, they last for up to 6 months. I just put two bags in my room about two days ago. One thing I noticed was the ladies' leaves were pointed towards the sky more than usual after about a day. But like I said, I've never used CO2 before, so any quantification on my part would be a bullshit estimate at best.

9. u should call the dealer u talked to and ask if u can take it into the shop, shove a ppm tester down in thier and see if it reads any thing. i know the bucket ones dont read on a meter, 0.

10. you have it about the tops of the plants correct? from my understanding c02 doesnt rise..it drops...so if you had the c02 below the top of the plant it would have little to no effect?

please keep me updated ur the only person ive run across who is using this.

if this works im gonna order some for sure. how big is ur grow space?

11. Yup. I have them at the top of my space which is a small, walk-in closet. The area I have partitioned off is about 3' x 3' x 8'(height). Maybe in a sealed room you could put the bags within the plants as opposed to above them. Not sure; I'm inexperienced with CO2 and it might not be doing shit. I'll let you know best I can though. :smoke:

12. very interesting...i started making plum wine this summer in my shed and noticed how much it stunk during the fermentation process...went on ahead and duplicated on a smaller scale going from a 5 gallon to a 2 gallon bucket and throwing it in my flower room...didnt think to find out if co2 actually rose or sunk...so i am thinking of moving the bucket up...but having never used any co2 before vs this ghetto rig producing natural co2, i think I am impressed...check my link at the bottom...i think on page 3 i gave a quick run down on what i was doing...interested in seeing any benefit from your bags...perky leaves sounds good to me :D

13. I love plums and I love wine, so that juice you're making sounds delicious. Goin to check it out.