co2 generator

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tokebutnochoke, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Hi I was reading up on google about making co2 with sugar and active yeast. I would like to make this but I dont know the measurements to use. I actualy would like to make some in a 3 gallon bucket. If someone can give me the measurements that would be awesome.

2. check with your local laws They may bust you for trying to make beer or wine.

3. Is your growing space air tight or do you vent air out? If you vent air out it might be a total waste of time as it won't be able to keep up with your exhaust

4. No its a closet I only have an oscillating fan thats why I want to try it I need the measurements.

5. #5 killset, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
    Home made co2 is a joke. It doesn't maintain a sufficient level of co2 to do much if anything. Atleast 1200-1500 ppm is needed to be maintained when lights are on and sugar and yeast won't reach that. Plus the yeast feeds in spurts. It will reach a peak and begin to die off. Normal air is around 350 ppm. Using brewers yeast and a borrowed meter from a friend the best we could achieve was just over 500 ppm and that was only when the yeast was feeding at its heaviest, for just a few short hours. You would have to pretty much live in the tent, constantly keeping fresh solution at its peak in order to maintain that. In a small tent, in a small sealed room Your environment needs to be completely sealed with ventilation for the light coming from and be exhausted to an outside source, through a sealed system. Home made science projects are a waste. There's a reason seasoned growers don't pick up their co2 supplies in the bakery section of their grocery store.

6. I use this method for my clones and it works VERY well in a 1g jug. 3 cup sugar and 1 tbs active yeast.
    I find it to be pretty temperature sensitive. Upper 70s-mid 80s keeps it going. I'm not sure how well it would work for big plants.. My friend runs the co2 bags for her 1 plant grow and swears they help... Either way it's fun and won't hurt😑

I am so open minded you should only think like me..

7. Another factor with adding co2 is your light. Your plant is limited on how much co2 it can use based on how much light it gets. What size lights are you using?

8. There are about 100 YouTube vids to learn from on this subject. From silly to scientific😘

9. Im using 600w on 3 plants.
    I know I can go on youtube I just cant find a recipe for a 5 gallon bucket.

To those that it bothers what ever im attempting I dont care how much time and effort im waisting im experimenting with my grows for results on my theories. If someones wright for help just assist them if u dislike the idea then continue scrolling cuz I see no reason for help topic to turning into how dumb it is or a waist of time. LET ME DO WHAT I WANT MY GROW MY IDEA MY TIME. SOO BEAT IT!
    Cuz wrighting how waiste if a time it is is waisting both ourr time

10. #10 killset, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
    doesn't bother me at all, so relax. I've done exactly what your doing. And being a stubborn new grower thought it was helping until a friend with a proper Co2 setup showed me the difference. Sorry for relaying the info I learned. My plants were improving because I as a grower was improving. no need to freak out. Your in the wrong place if you don't want to hear advice and peoples experiences

11. Im not trying to be a jerk its just I ask for one question n I end up getting a lecture I know a tank will b way better than sugar and yeast I just want a recipe for a 3-5 gallon bucket since I have a small grow I want to do this method and I dont really want to go another route with co2 unless I can find a higher source that doesnt involve a tank im out of cash so thats why I want to make a 3-5 gallon co2 mixture.

Im sorry killset for being an ass. Just look at the topic lol only one person gave me a recipe and everyone else either askin me other things(I kno more info more help, but im reaserching one thing...recipe!) Lol or how my grow room is set up. I appologies to everyone

12. #12 Grade A, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
    Being in a closed environment and not having a exhaust or fresh air it might actually help you, it should at-least help you maintain normal c02 levels which wouldn't be possible in a closed area without fresh air. If you can find a recipe for 1 gallon just multiply everything by 5. If you find a recipe for a half gallon multiply it by 10. That's probably your best bet since there are not many people making home made c02 5 gallons at a time

So if you use the recipe above just put 15 cups sugar and 5 tbsp of active yeast

13. #13 killset, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
    no need for apologies, your not the 1st, won't be the last. Information is not a lecture, there's a few people that believe in that, but they don't have access to a meter. And 90% of them don't have enough light or the right environment, anyways. Hardly any have even done enough research to know a sealed room and exhaust, w/ complete environmental control is essential, and just go about venting it straight out the exhaust. I could care less what you do. Stick a troop of wild chimps in there if you would like. You'll have much better results turning your air over 5x a minute then any stinky baking supplies will ever do. How do i know, that little meter told me so. This is a public forum anyone can say whatever they want. I wasn't being immature no need for you to be . Don't want to listen to what I and a lot of other growers know to be true, then be an adult and ignore it.

14. There is no specific recipe..
    The way to works is the yeast is a live culture that feeds on the sugar. 1cup of sugar a 1 tbs of yeast will last a dayish 2c sugar and same yeast will last longer.. 3c sugar and same yeast will last longer.. The faster it eats the sugar the more co2 you get.. 2 tbs yeast to these same formulas creates more co2 at a faster burn rate..
    I gave a great recipe for a 1g so multiply it for your 5g. And use fairly warm water.
    If you take the time to look up several ideas on utube you WILL find your formula for the 5g. I know I've seen several.
    Now you know how it works. Quit complaining and experiment on your grow and keep us informed how it works
    Cheers😶