co2 enrichment

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by captchronic, Jul 15, 2003.

1. my question is will co2 enrichment during flowering help produce denser bigger flowers ,ive heard it will but am not really sure

2. I'm yet to try it myself but plan to try it in the next summer grow as temps have been a real problem so far this summer.

From the research I have done so far it seems the CO2 itself allows the plants to take up nutrients and photosynthesise at a quicker rate hence producing larger buds.

This in itself is not the advantage for me, rather the fact that it allows a grow space to be kept at a slightly higher temperature (5-10 degrees) which would be a bonus in the summer.

I think, like most things this is a grower to grower decision. What ever works for you and your situation is the best way.

Any CO2 advocates lurking?

3. It does work, but if your not growing more than say 8 plants, its not worth it. Also, if your going the cheap sugar/yeast way, its quite a sticky substance(inviting bugs) and you have to make it more than once, a bit of trouble, and the bucket also takes up floor space that could be used for another plant, or a fan or something of that sort,but in the long run it can be worth it.