Co2 - Dry Ice?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hountzz, Oct 31, 2007.

1. You think it would be a good idea to get a block of dry ice and let it sit in my grow room for a little while each day? that way its just co2 for my babies

2. No it would not be worth the effort for something that will have little effect.

3. Dry ice is kind of expensive and it would probably all evaporate in an hour or so. Not really worth it.

4. Does vinegar and baking soda really work to create good CO2 for the plants?:confused:

5. Don't create any CO2, the atmosphere has enough as it is.

6. I am growing in a 1.5 foot wide by 2 feet deep by 1.5 feet tall stealth grow box. So im sure the CO2 is limited in the box. My plant has turned out great so far, but I heard CO2 can boost the buds. Any suggestions on creating CO2 easily. Baking soda and vinegar?

7. I know virtually nothing about the use of co2 in the grow room but my understanding is that dry ice would give off carbon dioxide gases, but i could be wrong.

As others have said, it would more than likely evaporate very quickly under HID or even CFL lighting, and it is quite a bit expensive depending on where you find it.

You could however try to create some sort of setup to hold the dry ice in, like a styrofoam cooler with a small exhaust fan installed to pull out the gases emitted from the dry ice within the cooler. I don't know how long dry ice would last inside the cooler though to be honest, or that this would even work.

I'm just really high.