CO2 dehumidifier and HEAT.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by topsykrets, May 9, 2009.

1. Would you ellaborate on this please?

2. Plants temp. requirements change as the Co2 changes,or you could say they tolerate much higher temps with 1500ppm of Co2.;)

3. Not trying to steal the thread but I've been looking for a portable a/c and I was wondering which one you went with ocitown? I've been reading and looking at them for about a month now. My room hits 95-98 with the summer heat + the heat of the damn dehumidifer and its time to get some a/c in there. I have access to a window that vents outside and would love to use a window unit, but I can't seem to understand how to light proof/smell proof one. Set up is 2k air cooled in a 4x8x8 + co2 ( ppm3).

4. Easy,get a 12000btu window unit and just set it and leave it,use a can-100 CF with a 8" vortex on top in the room scrubbing the room clean 24/7.:D

5. Ok but how do I light proof the window a/c?

And secondly, my winters get cold and I can't run the window a/c if its 30 degrees outside, any idea on how to mod one to be able to run during cold outside temps?

I'm just trying to plan ahead that way, I know with the portable unit I can run it in the winter time I would assume, since it would be located in the grow room, and its dual hose vents going out the window. Does any of that make since?

No problem on the cf/fan. Thats how i'll run my can66/6"ho combo, that I already have.

Thanks for your help.

6. Those AC as i remember are light proof already,you just need to seal around the unit itself.

During freezing times you will need to just vent the room using the cold outside air (by exhausting from your CF and using the AC for a passive intake)and cycling a dehumidifier
    while not running the Co2(there are special shut off timers for that).
    See where it says "spot" cooler?

It's a single hose unit which only exhausts it's hot air making a serious negative pressure environment which defeats the sealed room and Co2.

Twin tube units (like the 12000btu from Hydro Farm)are true AC and will not vent out precious Co2 as they cool.

7. I did not know this. Thanks man

You happen to have any sort of chart that gives more precise temp requirments for plants in C02 environment?

8. #29 HowdyNeighbor, May 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2009

what is this?

and if possiable would you provide a home depot or lowes link for it

and are all 12000 BTU window units twin tubes? If not how will i know the difference?

9. i don't.

The twin tube ACs are only the portable units,any wall unit ACs should all work well if in the recycle mode.

10. thanks