Co2 burner. Question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bigdaddy76, May 15, 2020.

1. Does it matter, where in the room a co2 burner is mounted? I’m getting ready to sheet up my flower room walls and have everything to preplumb Co2 burner before I sheet walls. I want to to look clean and not like an after thought.

2. Co2 is heavier than the air, so maybe get it up as high as possible?

3. Should it be mounted center of room so it can go evenly either direction. However it be center of room close to exterior wall cause lights are in the actual center

4. Sounds reasonable to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maybe. I haven’t used co2 but my science teacher did well by me with this lil tidbit.... wait, co2, sealed environment... shit idk man. I want to talk about it though. Maybe have it set on one side of the room directly in front of an oscillating fan with a great turning radius.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I don’t think there’s enough CO2 to do any harm plus the gals should be creating oxygen. At least I’d think.

7. Maybe use one of those high out put, oscillating Hurricane fans.

8. Yeah!... I was thinking along the lines of placing it opposite the exhaust so it has the easiest time working it’s way through the grow area. Then remembered co2 is best suited for sealed grow rooms and kinda assumed since you were building your area you knew that. But this is one of the few times I’ve wanted to get in on the convo out of pure fanboy-ness.

But, I’m no dummy, so be sure to have multiple fans in heavy rotation. You know, because one is denser than the other and just like the ocean has currents, we can created similar currents of airflow... ok now I must admit I’ve gotten tipsy over the last hour and shouldn’t be trying to help anyone with anything right now...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I’ve been thinking about just recirculating air through carbon filter. That way CO2 stays in. Originally was going to have a 8” exhaust and 4” intake, but thinking recirculating air would be better. Any thoughts?

10. Its gotta be closed circuit mate. Cant exhaust out or suck in.
    You run the exhast back into the tent at the bottom. Only way to do it. If you exhaust out then youre sucking out the co2.
    Hope youre prepared to deal with the heat and high humidity that causes and got enough lighting to actually be able to use the co2.

11. Ok, at that point any exhaust system will on serve to eliminate smell. I can’t foresee any other benefit. That’s taking into account the whispers that, allegedly, the cost of implementing co2 into a grow isn’t worth the outcome, or any significant gains in yields. And that’s the whole goal. Grow more at the least cost.

12. From what I’ve gathered, adding co2 is beneficial when you cannot get temps down after going above and beyond to supplement.

13. I don’t have a tent. I have an 8x16x8 room. I’ll have 12000btu air conditioner and large dehumidifier. Plus, it’s not like the air conditioner, will be asked to keep the room 60-70 degrees, with all that heat in the room. Just need it to keep imid 80’s during the day and 70’s during the night. I just bought a 8000btu air con for my 5x14x8 veg room, so I could put T5 closer, without cooking them.

14. I run CO2 in a hybrid closed setup. I hung an 8” fan with a big can-filter that scrubs the air. No duct or anything, just blows straight at the wall. I also have a 4” fan and filter that clears the room for 10 mins every three hours and during the entirety of lights out. Keeps things fresh.

15. As long as you don’t lose your CO2 with 4” fan. I made my room sealed to prevent any CO2 loss.

16. I
    I deliberately suck it all out every three hours. Takes about 45 seconds of burn time to get back to desired levels. I also lose some to the single hose portable AC I’m temporarily stuck with until minisplit arrives. Currently running 1050ppm. Generator burns for 30 seconds or so every half hour. If I completely disable the fan and AC my temps rise to 95 but CO2 holds. I ran a test when I first got it where I dumped CO2 till I hit 1350ppm and sat in the room and waited for the generator to burn again. Got bored/too hot after over 3 hours and gave up. CO2 never dropped below 1300ppm.

17. #17 Bigdaddy76, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Damn that’s hot. I’m just glad I have a split! I’m still waiting on the rest of my light mover parts to arrive before I can hang my last 2 lights. I have a few loose ends but flower room will be up and going this week. Got to love how CO2 burner is backwards in the pictures. Lol CE151793-D668-4944-8A28-7CC2326E6E48.jpeg E23E936A-8E5C-4CAC-A6C5-8A83474EB47D.jpeg A7E397AD-1003-4486-A94A-014E1BF3121E.jpeg

18. Nice set up man! My split is on its way as we speak. Should be here in a week although I’m getting by just fine with the portable AC. I would hang some oscillating fans up high near the burner so you can push the co2 around the room
    before it hits the floor. You can also look into a co2 recycler fan setup. Attach a small in-line fan to some large diameter pvc with holes drilled along the top that runs the length of the floor. I’ll see if I can find you the link from the article that has a picture of what I’m talking about. Here are a couple wide shots of my setup. The pics make it look smaller due to the wide angle but both tables are 5x5...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Do you flower and veg in same room? I’ll definitely check out that article. Also I haven’t installed fans yet. Will definitely have a fan by co2. Its set up to circulate around the room. My 8” fan and filter will be sucking it across the canopy, from other side of room. It should help such cool air circulate too