CO2 and upper limiting temperature

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by TrychomeScottie, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Hi first post on here so ill try to be concise.

With all this hot and muggy weather I am having problems keeping the temp below 32C, I have read that the upper limiting temp for cannabis is around 28-30C, so obviously Im a bit worried.

I was wondering though if anyone knew if increasing the levels of CO2 in the air (which i am currently doing via a 2ltr glass jar filled with yeast sugar and water, and through a seperate bicarbonate of soda and vinegar mix) would allow the plants to operate at a higher upper limiting temp; and if so does anyone happen to know what raised levels of CO2 might allow?

I know there are other ways to deal with the temp, water cooled lights, bigger and better extractor etc, but as always money is an issue.

Any help on this would be more than welcome, cheers guys and girls.

2. So no one has an answer to this....? Cool not to worry peeps...

3. from basic photosynthesis, plants close their stomata when it gets too hot in order to prevent them from dehydrating. while the stomata are closed, no CO2 would get in. To lower the temp, just get 2 big ice packs and alternate them inside the grow box. works great