co2 ?? about welding tank

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by supradrifter, May 12, 2009.

1. So i have a done a lot of reading here and this forum is great. I just read and read all night and day. Anyways heres a thanks for everbodys input here and across the boards.

So my ? is. I want to use a co2 in my tent (2x2x5 feet) . I want to know if i can use my argon co2 (10lbs mix for welding) and just fill it with co2. The people that i called ( air and gas co) were no help. Just want to know if i can fill an argon co2 tank with just co2 and is there any cons like: left over argon in the tank and could or would that hurt kill the plant. Thanks guys !!

Ps i will have a few more? as i think of them

2. Eh, I dunno man, really, I'd like to know for sure, but I'd just suggest against it personally. Probably couldn't hurt tho.

3. Well i have found out that nitrous (nos) tanks will work. O2, co2, argon, and nitrous bottles are all the same. So now my question is; if i fill (the argon or nitrous) bottle with just co2 and there is still trace amounts of argon or nitrous can or will that harm or kill the plants?:confused:

4. no clue, hopefully it won't blow you up either :)

5. Im a welding major. Argon is an inert gas, meaning it doesnt react under normal curcomstances. Even if there is a small amount of argon left in the tank it wouldnt be enough to harm the plants. Argon is found naturally in air. Just make sure you empty the tank completely and you should be fine. =)

6. Thanks sounds good:D