Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CO MMJ - how long did it take to get your card?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by shesaidit, Mar 21, 2010.

1. I sent my paperwork to the state (Colorado) on October 26. It's pushing 5 months now, and I'm still waiting for my card.

The state cashed my check back in December.

I'm curious how long it took other Colorado patients to get their cards?

2. dude look for it in the mail like today or tomorrow lol i sent mine in roughly a week before you, and mine was in my mailbox like 2 weeks ago

it actually got issued on the 5th of march, and was in my mailbox like 3-4 days after.

3. Right on. Mailed app 10/26, card issued 3/22, card received 3/26. Woot!

4. congrats!

i never thought i would get it to be honest lol.

especially because they sent mine back because soemthings were filled out wrong.
    plus when i got my rec. it was before the law said it had to be notarized. but when i mailed it in that law had already passed(i took the full 60 days to mail it in...wanted to get my moneys worth lol)

pretty cool having a state issued governement card that pertains to marijuana!

5. I accidentally put my old zip code in the space and I was convinced they rejected mine for like a month or so. And then it came when all hope was seemingly lost :rolleyes:

6. hahah! thats exactly how i felt. especially since mine did get sent back, i thought for sure that i had gotten rejected.

pretty crazy how official the thing is.

7. Glad I found these posts. I sent mine in last Dec. after printing out the forms (the OLD forms) but taking a bit of time to get the MD paper signed and then having it sent back to be redone on the new forms and with notary, just like you only it took them 2 months to send back the forms so I just got them sent back out beginning of the month. Took the time allowed to make sure everything was done right. With the changes in the forms and the changes in the law, it is taking them forever. I'm still watching for my check to be cashed. So guess I can expect to see my card by fall sometime. :rolleyes::eek:, but as a caregiver and having a copy of my paperwork, I'm cool anyway. Time for :smoke: to ease the pain then go down to the garden and take care of my babies! :wave:

8. I know this is an older thread, but I thought I'd post an update.
    I mailed my check in w/ paperwork on December 31st of last year, and yesterday I noticed that the check finally posted on my bank account. It's my guess that I'll get the card sometime this week or the next. So, average wait time is now 4-6 months.

9. Hey guys!! I'm going to be out there in a month and I'm looking to get my card once I get settled. Will you know that day of the visit if you've been approved? You can purchase from a dank bank that day, correct? Is it really an all day venture to actually see the doctor? I'm kinda nervous about getting my card even though I'm on pain meds and nausea medicine. Sorry I just wanted to clear the air on a couple items? Where in Boulder is the best place to go get your card? (I hope I'm not pressing any limits with that question)

Thanks guys....any advice is grateful!

10. damn that shit takes forever for u guys... u can get one in 30 mins in cali

11. were not tlaking about getting the reccomendation. were talking about actually getting the state identification card.

from what i understand, in california you dont need a state ID card, but if you want one it is dispensed by the county?

edit: the whole process of speaking with the doctor only did take about 30 minutes, including wait time.

12. No, you won't know if you've been approved right away. It's just kind of assumed that you've been approved until the state sends you the denial, which used to take 3-4 weeks, but now could take 3-4 months.
    Yes, you can purchase medicine as soon as you walk out of the dr's office.
    No, it's not an all day venture. I waited in the office for like 10 mins, took 10 mins to see the doc, 10 mins to finish paperwork and get the notarization, and then walked across the street to the dispensary and bought meds. You really just have to show people your paperwork until your card arrives.

13. ^Oh. My. Goodness..

FtC :D

You're the 2nd FtCollins...ite (?) that I found on here.

14. :wave:
    Yup, FoCo here. Relatively new to the forum, but I've been in Ft Collins since Nov 2008.

15. I may be moving out to colorado in about a year or so, thinking about going to the University at Boulder. Can you get an MMJ card for insomnia? (I legitimately do have insomnia)

16. ah thats tight, i thought u guys had to wait like 4-6 months before u could even buy medication. that would be such a horrible wait... Ya i guess theres an actual "california medical card" which can be checked through california.gov or whatever.. but screw that, I dont wanna be all up in their system. only people with my records is my Dr and the dispensary's.. well until one of them gets raided.. hopefully that doesn't happen lol

17. Just an update for everyone:
    My mmj card finally showed up in August. So, paperwork mailed end of December, check cashed in April, card in August.

18. i know this is kinda old but...does anybody know the answer to this question?

so technically you can not be approved by the state (since that takes 3-4 months) but have a recommendation from your doctor and buy medicine with just that?? That sucks then if you've been able to buy medical mj for a few months and then you get the rejection letter!

19. Jstone... If you get rejected, you'll know right away. Besides, If you get denied, go back to the Doc that approved you. They will usually give you another letter or re-do the paperwork for free. Just get that letter and your golden!