CNS17 Nutrients in Coco: Help Please

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by dbclimb, Jul 13, 2012.

1. #2 sarscarab, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
    Help with what? No specifics and no one will advise. If you have real plants and don't post pics then the answer will most likely be 'post some pictures'.

Not to be a dick, but the coco forum has all the answers you will ever need if you read enough of these threads . 'Search' is your friend.

Edit: partner, I clicked the link you provided and now my question is why are you not using the advice the other blades offered? I read their answers an all seem legit.

Adios muchaco

2. Believe me I am doing my best to follow their advice. Ed's guide said when ppm gets to 50-100 you're done flushing. Others say flush with mild nutrient. I figured since my plants are fucked up I should flush everything out and get ppm below 100. At least then I know where I'm at. I flushed then gave them 500ppm or EC 1.0 nutes. I think they need more so going to 750ppm or EC 1.5 which is where SCMC said I should be at.

What are the chances those yellow branches heal? If not is the bud gonna be ok?

3. A good resource for you flushing question are some posts by SCMC and tothehead. Both of these growers know their stuff concerning weed & coco. Whereever you see one of their posts read and study their methods. I'll bet that you can find their flushing routines in their posts. I'm still learning daily from their posts & threads.

Good luck with you girls.

4. If it's any reassurance, I'm on my first coco grow and I'm following SCMC's feed guide. I'm also using CNs17 as my base nutrients and I can vouch great results. I'm growing 4 different strains and they all seem to love it. Personally I have not flushed at all and I feed every watering. Trial and error man, you'll find what what works for you.

5. Yeah that ^^^^^^^
    :smoke:

6. Where can I find SCMC's feed guide? I've been slowly bumping up the nutes, I'm now at 1.8 EC day 32 of 12/12. They seem to be doing fine and yellowing seems to have stopped.

7. http://forum.grasscity.com/coco-coir/1027757-post-your-ppms.html

8. Dude that is awesome, thanks so much. So when a seed company says 9 weeks to flower is that after flipping the lights to 12/12 or after a couple weeks transition? I assume the calculated #s are N-P-K, what are the #/# after that?

9. 9 weeks to flower from the day you flipped them yes..
    Your assumption is correct, those are his NPK levels and the last two (I assume) are his Ca/Mg #s...

10. OK thanks, now i just need to figure out how to go form all those bottles of nutes to these N-P-K and Ca/Mg numbers. In the mean time I have a good idea of what I should be using although I wasn't aware that every other feeding should be at half strength.

Anyone have a recommendation of how much perlite to add to my coco, I was thinking about 25% or 33% perlite and the rest straight coco. Last time I used a mix with worm and bat crap in it but from now on I want to know exactly what nutrients are available to my plants.

Thanks to everyone for all the help, it's going to pay off in about 4.5 weeks :)

11. Since I can't controll NPK values wih my nutes I just try and stay in his reccomended EC values (example: he has .4 - .6 first week). I do alternate high and low strength feedings but only when the plants look like there on the verge of nute burn. I'm doing a few tests in coco right now and this feed schedule is out performing the others by far. I'm even so impressed i'm considering testing this feed schedule in my rdcw to see how well it does.

12. I personally don't start counting flowering days till the plants show signs of sex. I know some growers do it both ways but it makes most sense this way to me. I personally like 50/50 ratio of coco and perlite.