cnn positive article

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by coldsk8er, Dec 2, 2012.

1. I've seen a lot of positive studies, news reports and general media related articles lately. Much of it is stuff that many of us knew years ago, but it's a pleasant change to see it being accepted by the general population.

The biggest and most long standing hurdle remains political though. The government is holding on to the final thread that marijuana prohibition hangs by, and it's just a matter of time before it snaps.

When it does, we can all watch as this nonsense period of prohibition gets penned into the history books for future generations to laugh at.

2. I am missing the pot jokes(not)talking heads have used for decades dismissing all those positive studies.

3. I kind of irked me that the journalist compared medical marijuana to the "medicinal" alcohol during the 30s. There's a HUGE difference between a plant that shows promising signs of treating an incredibly broad range of health issues, many of which are currently without any decent treatments, and drinking a glass of wine for your heart. :mad:

4. Yeah, but it's still a favorable comparison, at least compared with what we've had to put up with over the years. There's a lot of ignorance out there, which needs to be tolerated because of all the misinformation and propaganda. People aren't willingly against marijuana, it's just what they've been told to believe by people they thought they could trust.

As time goes on, even the most conservative will be singing the praises and questioning why they ever stood behind prohibition of cannabis. We're in a pretty fantastic time for a new perspective, we need to find a humble satisfaction in the media and general public's confusion and conflicted beliefs, because from that will come change.

5. CG - can you handle one more of the jokes? At least this one has some sense of finality. Saw the article title today "Marijuana ban set to go up in smoke in Washington state". Pipe dream, up in smoke, gone to pot - you'd think that the authors could come up with something a little more original.

6. Something like "Prohibitions trade hazy perspective 420/20 vision."?

7. Even if I wasn't incredibly pro-cannabis, I would still want it to be legalized just so I wouldn't have to read another article titled "blah blah up in smoke..."

8. I saw "CNN" and figured I needn't read the article to get the gist of it, and...I was right. :rolleyes::D
    Medical Marijuana is valuable. They want it in the "correct hands." The liberal contention/"plan" is that the citizens cannot be trusted with whole plant cannabis, and their comparison to "medicinal alcohol" serves to highlight their intent to discredit it as viable medicine in whole form. Only big pharma can deliver it to us "safely." (Which, of course, falls RIGHT in line with the fact the government holds the medical patents on it for CBD.)
    Media = propaganda. Even the stuff that reads "positive" is just spinning the landscape how they want it so they can be the ones to get rich off it. ;)