CNN on medicinal Psychedelic research

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Burn it down, Apr 27, 2010.

1. It's great to see this research finding its way into the mainstream. Maybe people will begin to open their minds a bit. Next step medicinal LSD and Psilocybin perhaps :smoke:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C6zcT5STBI&feature=player_embedded#"]YouTube - Psychedelic Drugs Medical Treatments[/ame]!

2. Can't believe no one has commented on this yet. I hope something positive comes out of this so as to change people's perception of haluciongens.

3. man if psychedelics become in some way legal and i can go to a clinic to trip balls in a meditation room whenever i feel i need to i think my life will be complete lol

i actually saw an article about this same thing in my states newspaper last week and it made me really happy, it talked about this older lady who was going to die soon and took some sunshine acid in a research clinic and how it helped her come to terms with her death and how it made her appreciate life way more

it made me happy to read such a great article about psychedeleics in a state newspaper :hello:

4. I have been diagnosed with PTSD, major depression, bipolar, and schizo affective disorder

obviously...>_> they have no idea what they were talking about, those labels are just labels... but I was definitely in some psychological pain

psychadelics have had a profound effect on me

ever since my first 2 experiences I have begun to experience synesthesia (every day), and I began disassociating/de-realizing (for months at a time)
    BTW synesthesia is when senses "cross wire" so for example I can see touch, hear pain, feel with my lips what I touch with fingers, although, its not nearly as intense as you might think.

At first it was a very stressful experience, and I didn't know what to make of it, but as I came to terms with the disassociation I learned to become more detached and as a result took less things personally

I must have lost some tactile sensibility (perhaps as a result of trauma). (my hands aren't very sensitive, and I don't feel pain very intensely)

so in this case synesthesia has allowed me to better sense my environment and relate to others

Additionally a psychadelic experience "restored" (rather greatly improved) my sense of smell

the benefits of psychadelics are simple

neurogenesis (neuron growth) and insight

and um, to quote a sweet movie
    For your information: All beings have the capacity to cure themselves, Mark. This is something we've known on K-PAX for millions of years.

I think this is what psychedelics help us realize

5. I think it would be awesome if one day we had Psychedelic Clinics where anyone would be able to go and have a nice, healthy and enlightening psychedelic experience every once and a while.

I think it would take a long time, but I think people will eventually open up to the idea if the mainstream population can see past the BS and myths that surround psychedelics and realize that they are safe and great for discovery when used responsibly

6. would have to search for the research dont have it on hand at the moment...but i was looking for something to help with cluster migrains...a friend of mind has them in a bad way.....and i found a ton of research that showed a tiny dose of Psilocybin far less then a recreational dose was enuf to stop and prevent cluster migrains almost instantly....

id have to look it up again but the dose was extreemly low.....I remember thinking she would have to eat less then half a dried cap and it would still be over the nessasary dose. she wants to try it- of corse anyone who has had real migrains knows you will do anything to get rid of one now imagin cluser migrains....where they last for days on end....nut she is afraid to try it becouse of random drug tests at work

7. #7 Burn it down, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2010

Yeah I've found a few articles before, here's a few that I just dug up:

edit: do they test for psilocybin on a company drug test? :confused:

Response of cluster headache to psilocybin and LSD. [Neurology. 2006] - PubMed result

Treating Cluster Headaches with Psychedelic Drugs - Newsweek.com

I've read multiple articles saying how psilocybin and LSD have been very useful tools in treating conditions like cluster headaches and anxiety especially related to terminal illnesses.

Not to mention of course, all of the beautiful things that they can teach you:smoke:

I can't wait to see what the near future holds for Cannabis legalization let alone what more of this research in the future can do to make psychedelics become more respected among the general population.

lol hope this all is coherent, I just smoked 2 bowls outta the bong, so I'm pretty high :smoking::hello:

8. Hey bro its a lot easier to solve than that, some morning glory seeds will alleviate the headache no problem
    Can get them at your local gardening store

9. no i seriously doubt they do test for it .....
    just happens to be someone who is alittle over safe at times

and yes thoses are among the articles that i had sent to her

did find something over the counter that will stop them from comeing on if taken soon enuf after first symtoms...tylonal pm with diphinhydramein(sp?) does a good job of knocking her out and stopping the headakes from getting to full streangth

10. I actually just got done reading a thread about diphenhydramine, but it was about recreational use, which to me, frankly does not sound like a good time.

I bet if she tried using mushrooms to stop it once she would probably like it , it's mushrooms:hippie: plus it's all natural :yummy:, not nasty pharms:rolleyes:

11. i have to agree completely!
    and they grow rather prolifically several month out of the year there....

and the dose required according to everything i read....is miniscule!
    certianly not enuf to actually feel anything from

12. I don't think it would take too much research and convincing to realize that psilocybin would be the obvious win. Especially compared to the alternative choices.

Hopefully your friend will understand, and with any luck the rest of the people that still believe psych's just fry your brain or something

13. Awesome! Keep hoping the best .. who knows, maybe this bullshit prohibition will end soon.

14. this is something I want to push and advocate for. LSD cured my 6 years worth of terrible psychological trauma. But in FDA clinics surrounded by doctors and shit will not be as effectice, infact it would host a higher probability of being counter productive.. If anyone has read DMT the spirit molecule, those type of settings were responsible for bad trips, and those people weren't even in the room while tripping. They were in another fucking dimension. I read LSD used in rooms under this manor hasn't had the best results. People should be outdoors, around nature and that type of thing. just my opinion

15. I understand where you're coming from. I think it would be better for people to just take it in the safety, comfort, and familiarity of their own home or wherever they feel most comfortable, in nature definitely feels the best.

However, I could only image what the general consensus would be among people if we started off trying to allow LSD and psilocybin to be used outside of a 'professional' environment, let alone outside in the open you know?

This way to people who don't have the deep understanding of these substances as people who use and respect them do, can at least get past the stigma attached to them and see them for the beautiful substances they are, or at least learn that they're not bad.

I think in a perfect world, there would be places that people who are less experienced and maybe a bit weary about their first or second psychedelic experience could go and be administered LSD or psilocybin in a safe, comfortable setting with experienced sitters , whether they be medical professionals or people of the trippers choosing. The whole environment should be chosen by the adventurer.

And also, in this perfect world, the ability to take them at our own home or place of our choosing would be a beautiful place to live.:D

also, that's really awesome to hear that LSD actually help you overcome psychological trauma, these are powerful tools of insight and healing :smoke::hello:

16. word.