CNN is Very Fake News

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Jun 27, 2017.

1. There is? Still? We're still listing that as a talking point?

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Maybe you aren't, but I like to keep my ears open.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Good luck with that. Keep everyone else posted on any vital information that pops up down the road.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nah. I'm sure someone else will make a thread.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #45 Praetorian, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    So...you'll keep your ears open, but you won't share any further information you come across on the matter?

Edit after previous post being edited:

I see. We'll assume Russia is a legitimate accusation VS Trump still, but will let the proving of proof or logic about that to others, should it even happen.

In the meanwhile, we'll keep listing it as a factual thing to hold against Trump, regardless how many times it got proven to be baseless propaganda.

Makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #46 Lenny., Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2017
    lol
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. This fallout war of the worlds that are probably ultimately on the same side is so interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  8. All media outlets should be adversarial. If it takes a cuntish brash president to kick that into high gear I'm all for it. For too long the Washington press corps has played patty cakes with politicians in the pursuit of access. It's time they stop bending over backwards and allowing people like Paul Ryan to say blatantly false things like "most of the people who will lose health care are choosing not to get it" when the CBO report clearly claims a majority of the loss is from Medicaid cuts.

9. oh you are so quick to jump on a republican...don't forget about all the blatant lying coming from almost EVERY democratic senator this year. The russia story is complete and total bullshit and has been this entire time, and, for the record, I said that before. Its all coming apart for the fake news here, they just got overzealous. There is a HUGE difference between being adversarial and straight up making shit up, which is what they have ALL been caught doing in their rush to "catch" trump in something. But what do ya got? Nothing. If he was a shady business man as some have said, wheres the proof? If he was doing ANYTHING with russia...wheres the proof?
    The proof you ACTUALLY have is that Barry knew about russia trying, flat out LIED to america saying it wouldn't happen, because they thought there buddy was gonna win and it would never get out. OOPS. Its out. More and more now. You wouldn't know if you watched the MSM though, except that the russia story is dying a slow death. No apologies, very few retractions, even though its bullshit. That video above SHOWS it. And CNN didn't DENY that he said those things, or the factual content of the conversation...they only said that this guy wasn't "involved" with the russia story.

The point is, you aren't supposed to know someones political leanings when you read or listen to the news. But so often these shows are mixing news with op-ed and still promoting it as news (uh..rachel maddow..for one) and the plebeians dont know any better. These people hate trump so much that they are just in a huge rush to try to get him on anything, and there are so many "competing" for this story, they aren't even fact checking anything anymore, just running with anonymous stories.

CNN/NBC/NYTimes/wapo/et all have absolutely EARNED the scrutiny they get because of their actions. They are the very definition of FAKE NEWS. And the Dems in the house and senate do nothing but FEED it with vague innuendo.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I appreciate the sad fact, that things that actually matter, like the healthcare bill, are taking 2nd stage to political garbage like the failings of CNN.

One good reason the machines will have to wipe us out, is simply because they'll be tired of all the unnecessary bullshit that goes with humanity.

12. The fact that many choose to ignore is that the details of the story are not in dispute, it was the manner in which protocol was ignored.
    The Russia story isn't going away anytime soon. In fact more questions are being asked about meetings with the Russian non-bank, bank officials, all of whom are in the Russian government circles.

Sorry but your falling for the very story the White House wants to divert you with.

:smoke:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. The only time Ive seen patty cakes so far is when a Dem is president.

Bush got shit constantly and now it's Trumps turn.

But all politicians lie man, remember when Obama said you could keep your doctor?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sure he lied, after it was changed in committee. Originally, when stated, that was a viable option.

Not all Presidents lie intentionally on a nearly daily basis, until now.

:smoke:

15. Yes and I would prefer if all aspects of the media were consistent. I can find you many ny times articles that criticized Obama and Obamacare in particular. Especially this line because it was shown to be false over and over again by fact checkers. There is not going to be any article written by fox or breitbart or other right leaning sources that attempts to look at the details of the plan and not act as apologists. I think this idea that WaPo, nyt, wsj or abc news are on the same level as partisan blogs is silly. They have obvious biases but they're also huge publications with lots of different writers and opinions. The whole conversation about this topic often devolved to reductionist arguments and false equivalencies. I do wish that the press would challenge everyone but what you get is mild criticism of people like Obama from more MSM sources and too much criticism of trump. But with outlets like fox there is incessant criticism of democrats and almost no criticusm of their own side. I don't think anyone is perfectly consistent but I'll argue that "MSM" is usually a little more consistent than places like salon or breitbart or the national review.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. #56 Praetorian, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    As much as I hate it, I can't help but be fascinated by the level of media influence just recently.
    Media-driven propaganda is nothing new, but the sheer increase in level over the past five years even is staggering.

Between smart phones, 24/7 mainstream news cycle, dozens of political pundits for either side, political Facebook and Twitter posts, everyone is being exposed to politics way more than they have been even half a decade ago.
    I remember a time where only "nerds" and those into politics really knew and cared about it. Now every Tom, Dick, and Harry is talking about what Trump or Clinton are doing.

• Like Like x 2
  17. This is of course true.

The problem arises when a major MSM outlet that presents itself as consistent or balanced, is blatantly exposed as a propaganda machine for one side or the other.

No one is surprised when Breitbart publishes from a right wing perspective because they are an openly right wing outlet. The same goes for The Huffington Post and the leftist drivel they pander these days.
    When however a supposedly balanced MSM source is caught blatantly pandering and propagandizing for one side, they need to be exposed and accurately labeled as such.

FOX has been openly ridiculed for over a decade for being partisan towards the Right. It's time CNN carries the same label for the Left.

• Like Like x 1

18. The Trump White House just ramped up its war with the media - CNNPolitics.com

ouch..

(CNN) Deputy White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders seemed to have a plan when she called on Breitbart News' Charlie Spiering first at Tuesday's briefing.

Spiering asked about the retraction of a Russia-related CNN story and the resignations of three staffers associated with it. Huckabee Sanders took that hanging curveball and swung for the fences.

"I don't know that it's that the response isn't good enough for the president. I think it's the constant barrage of fake news that is directed at this president, probably, that has garnered a lot of his frustration. You point to that report; there are multiple other instances where that outlet that you referenced has been repeatedly wrong and had to point that out or had to correct it. There's a video circulating now — whether it's accurate or not, I don't know — but I would encourage everyone in this room and, frankly, everybody across the country to take a look at it. I think if it is accurate, I think it's a disgrace to all of media, to all of journalism..."
    "I think that we have gone to a place where, if the media can't be trusted to report the news, then that's a dangerous place for America. And I think if that is the place certain outlets are going — particularly for the purpose of spiking ratings — and if that's coming directly from the top, I think that's even more scary."

• Like Like x 1
  19. This would have been better.[​IMG]