CNN coverage Will legalizing pot weaken the drug war?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by trueg115, Oct 23, 2009.

1. [ame=http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/10/22/ldt.face.off.war.on.drugs.cnn]Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com[/ame]

2. Well Mr. General Sir, that was a well rehearsed speech! I have to say that we are going back to the "smoked" argument... I guess it's ok to get high if I'm not smoking it??? Yeah, this is just a bunch of smoke and mirrors. We are going to have to purchase our medicine from a pharmacy when we could otherwise just grow it for ourselves? How dumb do I look?

3. I hate that general guy. He is just full of bullshit all the time. "We never tried to scare medical marijuana users and distributors." Yeah right.

4. that last word was mad awkward- dude should have stuck on marijuana and made the general look like a douche bag.

5. lol that general remembers the day when Marijuana was made illegal(Yes thats an age joke)

6. i agree, it was going great until that part

but either way the general did look like a douche bag :p

7. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. It is people like that General that make me so frustrated. He gets on mainstream news and says they never went after mmj patients?? Shit they would throw cuffs on anybody growing plants. And for him to sit there and say that they didnt go after doctors when the other guy is sitting there saying it was brought to court and got ruled down...and he is denying it!? Props to the other two dudes who gave quality interviews for pro mmj and props to the media for all the coverage

9. I like when they say 'smoked marijuana has no medical benefit'... becuase once they say that, they're fucked, they've backed themselves into a corner with no escape. The DEA will never admit it has positive benefits until weed is right on the brink of being legalized, so the DEA saying 'smoked' marijuana has no benefit as is close as we're probably gonna get to them admitting it... for now. Good video!:hello:

10. Umm... pay attention. That general was the former head of the dea.

11. lol I liked when the general was trying to call bullshit. But then the dude had the name of the court decision and in what circuit and all that shit lol.

And how the dude is like well if the people want something there is no excuse for the government to enforce the opposite of what the people want. And the general is just like oh it dosnt matter what the people voted for. These despensary owners/opperaters are drug members and we are gonna arrest them even though they are working inside the law!!! thats fuckin rediculous

12. Why wouldn't it, everyone would end up growing for themselves, RIGHT TO FREEDOM.

13. who gives a fuck?

The drug war is almost as ridiculous as the war on terror.

14. well said my man. always loved your sig btw :smoking:

15. mexican care givers? synthetic cannabinoids? what the fuck is wrong with that guy seriously.... go die old farnt

16. I think you are on to something... what a patriot that old bastard is.

17. No doubt. The old general is off his rocker on this issue. Much of what he said made completely no sense, and he's clearly confused about how to make his position. He starts to discuss Marinol as an alternative and it's legal availability in pharmacies, but then discredits it saying it's mostly ineffective. Is he for, or against Marinol?

18. I'm pretty sure when he said that marinol was innefective he was trying to push towards him thinking that cannabis isn't actually very medicinal.

19. Bingo.

20. synthetic cannabinoids don't work. THC is a very unstable isotope in pure form, as soon as it touches oxygen, BOOM, it disappears. Therefore, it has been proven false that "marinol" works. The Clinton Drug Czar himself admitted this. Imagine an apple if you will. An apple is better then a man-made isolated vitamin. If you take 1000mg of "vitamin c", your body will not absorb it as it would when you're eating what nature intended- the apple not the pill. It's the same scenario with cannabis. We humans are constantly trying to outsmart nature, and it's not working well for us....