cnn.com frontpage poll should drugs be taxed and legalized

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by purplesmoker, Mar 31, 2009.

1. winning 60 to 40 right now. thanks for the heads up

2. It's been half an hour since this post, but I'm getting a poll question concerning France workplace.

3. voted..

It was 59/41, we gotta pick it up. If it gets into the 80s, i'll be real happy.

4. If the poll said legalize marijuana, the margins would likely be higher than approve of it. All drugs should not be legalized in the minds of many.

5. voted
    59 yes to 41 no

6. #7 Darkeligos, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
    /Voted

Post this in every section so we can get more votes.

7. i dont see it on the page

8. i dont think the gov will legalized drugs they cant make money off of it. First of all u can grow alot of stuff that the gov cant make money off liek weed etc

9. I read the article the questions bring up one of my biggest fears about why it will not be legalized. America is a system of bureacracy's and once one is created it will never be shut down. Look at the burea of Indain affairs if they did their job right, they wouldnt be here anymore. They keep saying how many prison gaurds how many lawyers etc are employed to protect us against drugs. I dont think the government cares, but they do care about unemployment. To me those jobs are preety much welfare jobs not to the extent of some of the jobs in the CCCP, but I think we are moving towards a national full employment gig, in some shape or fashion.

10. Voted, thanks for the heads up.

11. More votes! lol

12. Casted my vote. still 59% yes 41% no

13. Voted yes woot. Spread the word.

14. It's at:
    Yes 60% 122279 \t No 40% 82402
    which is an increase.

I think it's great that all these people are for it, but you have to remember that the number is smaller because it says legalize drugs in general. If it was just weed the Yes votes would be way larger.

15. Yes 60% 138253
    No 40% 92675

16. #19 ejc28930, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
    You can make your own beer, liquor, beef, chicken, pork, cigarettes...I think you see where I'm going with this. These are all taxed, whether it be by sales tax or a more case specific tax in the case of alcohol and cigarettes and people still pay it on a daily basis. Its a matter of convenience, not a lot of people have the will power to grow or make their own materials. To say that the government thinks they wouldn't make money off of legalizing and taxing marijuana is straight up foolish. And if the government is really worried about people growing their own they can just tax cultivation. That's what the bill in Mass has, a license to cultivate is $500 a year.