1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

C'mon Seattle! Pull your head out of your ass!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Tokers' started by NuBBiN, Sep 18, 2003.

1. ...this is just IMHO..but the whole ten cent espresso tax in seattle was a GREAT idea!...espresso is a LUXURY ITEM, just as cigarettes and alcohol are..therefor it should be obvious what choice to make when deciding over whether or not to add caffeine to the sintaxes in the area...it could have funded your local area schools and daycare centers..but nooooo...you want your double short skinny mocha and you wanna drink it too...

selfish bastards...

now being myself from the northwest and living in another city thats famous for its pot, beer and coffee snobs..tell me something real quick here..

...forget about this sintax for a moment and answer me truthfully...if starbucks were to add on an extra ten cents to your fucking espresso..would you boycott them?...hell no! you'd diliginly drink your coffee and probably wouldn't even notice the price change!..but since its coming from the tax man it must be a horrible idea....right?...ehhh

fuck!....this boggles my mind!

you get in your SUV, load it up with TAXED gas, drive ot the liquor store and buy TAXED alcohol, then drive along the road smoking your TAXED cigarettes to go sit down and drink an espresso...whats that?...you say im being TAXED for my LUXURY ITEM (which is another DRUG mind you)?...WELL FUCK ME DRY! thats a HORRIBLE IDEA! YARRBY YARRR!

jesus christ seattle..wake up and smell the cuppa joe!...and if you have THAT much of a problem with it, then brew your own damn coffee!..afterall, drip coffee would be exempt and we're only talkin about espresso shots...

...seattle seattle seattle..what were you high on when you went to the polls?....oy ve

EDIT: BTW, enjoy that extra 3.5-6.5 MILLION dollars annually that you refused to help aid others in your local community...."boy! that can buy me a lotta lattes!"

2. Ah, but look how smart we are too.....

Initiative 75, passed with flying colors.....

making mj posession the lowest concern for police.......

gotta love these guys......

3. ehh..its a milestone..but nothin special..oregons had marijuana possession brought down to a simple fine for ages now...and if it were legalized fully you'd bet your ass the state would tax it..because once again..it would be a luxury item

4. probably. but wheres the initiative for lower growing penaltys?

5. wow, i guess i didnt really know about other places that have the same laws about mj......

Nubb, i'd be curious to hear what other places have other similar laws for mj posession......

6. Nub, I hate to disagree with you, but don't bitch at somebody else because they voted not to raise their own taxes. Its their deal, not yours since you don't live there.

7. a agree with bpp, i think people should be able to do what they want without gettin yelled at.. i mean you were right about how people might not notice if they raised the prices $0.10 but a lot of people are paying enough taxes.. and the idea of taxes usualy piss people off... all i know is i would have woted no..

8. hmm...while I somewhat agree with you nubbin, there are more ways the gov can be helping out schools then tax'n cofee..

If the government spent their drug war money on preschools instead of, well, the drug war, preschoolers would be flying to school on jets instead of buses, and watching barney on a pull-out plasma TV.

9. yea its questionable

Grasscity Deals Near You