Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Club Membership Cost???

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Buddy420, Apr 6, 2009.

1. once you get your rec do you have to pay again at the clubs to become a member ? if so how much on average ?Thanks

2. Any club that charges you to be a member isn't worth being a member of.

No dispensary should charge you to shop there.

3. thank you, thats good cuz i hate spending money, lol

4. #4 Buddy420, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009
    ok one more questionor two i promise, lol. How do you get the club id ?
    Also how do you get the state id ?

5. I don't know what you're referring to with a "club id". There's no such thing state wide. Some clubs will have their own ID cards, but again, that's a money making scheme that isn't worth your time.

The State ID must be obtained at a state office, there's a list on the ASA or NORML sites linked in the stickies at the top of the forum.

6. #6 mobitsfa, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009

You're going to hate dispensaries then. lol

Usually you'll just have an mmj recommendation that will get you into any dispensary along with your california or state driver's license/ID. That's all you need. Make sure your state id is valid though.

Some docotors will give you a id card, but it isn't really anything. You need to go through the state if you want the state id card, which is up to you if you want it. It's not needed.

7. ok thanks guys, thats where i was getting confused i was reading abouyt some clubs aroung here and ppl were saying some get mad if you dont have your card, but some didnt have cards.

8. well maybe i should have put i hate wasting money on anything thats not weed, LOL.
    But i will be free to once i grow my own too

9. All you need is the doctor's recommendation and your California ID to enter the clubs. Some clubs require a card (county card or state card), but tell them to stick it and just visit a different club.

10. really? I've never been to a club like that.

My understanding is the card is only good to save the hassle from the poe poe

11. There are like 2-3 clubs up here in the Bay where they require the card, which is really stupid because all we're supposed to need is our doc's rec and ID.

From what I've seen, most of the users who get the card get it for easy verification purposes. Patients don't have to wait another minute for the doorman to verify their rec. They can just walk in, show their ID, grab their meds and leave. The police will only recognize the State card, anyway.