Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

club cards and gov jobs

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by EastBayMistMan, Sep 13, 2007.

1. this has been huge question between me and my friends for a long long time and maybe someone here has the right answer. is it true that if you have your state med card that you cant get a gov job. and by gov job i mean firefighter, police, or postman. i really need to know. thank you

2. i heard the same thing. i also heard you cant get a job operating machinery or driving any type of vehicle.

3. 1) No job has access to your medical records, no one is going to know your a medical marijuana patients unless you tell them you are.

2) If they find out you use marijuana regardless if it's for medical purposes or not they CAN let you go. A medical card doesn't exempt you from being fired.

Basically, you are at no more risk of losing your job if you have a card than if you didn't. If you already use marijuana I would just recommend getting the card because that way if somehow you failed a drug test or got caught smoking you would have at least something to fall back on as opposed to nothing.

4. I'm guessing they would arrest you if they found out. They're dicks, they take drugs away from cancer patients and they don't care.

5. I can only see that happening if you worked for the police or the dea. I doubt anyone smoking weed is about to go work for the dea though :)

6. well heres the situation. i want to become a firefighter. i am going to acadamy right now. i want to get my med card for a few reasons. 1 i have sleeping problems. i have had them all my life and i have tried meds for it before but i dont like the after effects. 2 i have 2 slipped disks in my back and i dont want vikes for it. and my back also adds to my sleeping problem. but i am just scared that if i get my card that i will never be able to get the job. but i was thinking about it and if they did find out i had it with out me telling them then that would be illegal right? i just dont want to get myself in a situation that i cant fix or something