Cloudy Trichomes Too Early?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by poppareilly, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Hey guys,
    Another (possibly) stupid question, I just got my loupe in today and was checking out my girls and noticed that they seem to have cloudy trich already. Only about 4-5 weeks into flower, is it a little early for them to be cloudy already or does the fact that its been getting into the 40s at night have something to do with it?
    As always thanks for the time and responses, this is my first grow so little nervous about dicking it up lol

• Like Like x 2
  2. well if its a fast flowering strain could harvest in 7 weeks,,, hows the overall plant look can we have some pics?

• Like Like x 2
  3. i dont think the weather has anything to do with the color of your trichomes,,, other than the plant noticing its about to be too cold,,, possible stunted growth and all so be careful.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bro try taking a little off when they're cloudy. Then more when they're turning amber , once they're cloudy like 75 percent plus , your good to smoke there's thc in there ...it all depends on how you like it ...I've tried every stage there is , half cloudy half clear no amber , all cloudy very few amber , and half cloudy half amber , untill i got to half or more amber I didn't notice a change in potency. Trying things out over multiple grows will be the only way to figure it out

• Like Like x 3
  5. I am outdoor in Colorado, am guessing two more weeks on grapefruit diesel.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Any pics. Hows the weather over there

7. Sounds like Your doing fine Your buds will be building the strongest during week 5 and 6 then building from there, so just check the trichromes everyday or so and deffinetly harvest when 20% amber. Maybe the weeks on the strain were different then you thought!

8. phone shit the bed on me so no pics right now, plants are looking good and healthy though. All a good green color no yellowing, pistils are still white. Plants look healthy just wondering, I am a bit of a tinkerer so I'm always messing with stuff to try to get the most I can lol. Thanks y'all. In Seattle area btw, temps are about high 60s-mids70s during the day and mid 40s-50s at night, minimal rain for now, hoping that holds out.

9. Yeah I have a few different strains growing (ATF, Ace of Spades, and Grape Ape) and they of course are all flowering at different times so I tend to forget which plant is on what week lol Kind of given up on it and just check them a couple times a day.

• Like Like x 1
  10. If there's no yellowing of the fans and you think you're 2 weeks from harvest. You may wanna stop feeding now and let the plant just finish.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Will the buds fill out more in the two weeks? They are not too big right now, nicely formed just not very large. In my amateur opinion the bud size looks like 4 weeks but trich color is throwing me a bit. Like I said before first grow so figuring it out as I go.
    Thanks again for all the help guys.

12. maybe maybe not,, have the pistils changed color?

13. i see... keep on flowering then
    dont depend on trichome color if the buds are not fully formeed yet,

14. Not all strains use pistol color to tell you anything That's an old grower theory go by trichs or you will end up with amber and that when your trichromes will degrade and turn to mostly CBD and low THC. Also the pistols are for the plants defense system They keep out debris from the buds!

15. The bud size will all depend on the strains genetics and hormones..

• Like Like x 1
  16. Not such a good idea trichromes mean everything if your a grower otherwise your not growing Right! Knowing when to pick is a skill Not a hobby..

• Like Like x 2
  17. Very good advice I'm glad somebody on here is inn My playing field lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Now truff8ball29 in regards to the pistils, is there anything about them I should be on the lookout for or focus solely on the trichomes? To me it makes more sense to focus on the trichomes since thats where all the good stuff is, but I'm inexperienced and common sense doesn't always prevail lol

• Like Like x 1