Cloudy Nute Water

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KamelRedLight, Nov 28, 2006.

1. So to feed my plants, I get a gallon jug, fill it with water, let sit for 24 hrs, then add nutes. Well this particular gallon, containing my flower nutes (Fox Farm Tiger Bloom) has turned cloudy. It's like someone spat a couple loogies in it and they're floating around. It's not very old compared to how long a gallon usually lasts. The only thing different about this jug is it's a bigger dose than I usually do, probly half the recommended dose on the bottle. What is this cloudiness, is it safe to use? It's not really cold in my room, and I do leave the cap off.

2. hey kamel, are you using all your water you add the nutes to, or are you saving it for later..?? You definitly want to toss whatever you can't use immediatly, that stuff gets rank and i'm not sure what it does but you are not supposed to use saved nute water, it gets like rancid or some shit..

3. Oh...I never use a gallon at once, I always saved it for probly like a week. This enver happened before, must be because there are more nutes than usual. Thanks, I will dump it out.

4. There's probably bacteria growing in it. You could save it for the length of time that you normally do if the jug it's in is totally opaque, and it's lidded. That way light can't get in and allow stuff to grow in there. You should probably wash it out with some amonia or H2O2 to make sure you're not going to accedentally infect your plants with something nasty before using that jug again.

5. Ok cool. I'll start keeping it capped and in a dark place. They're spring water jugs, they're clear. I took this precaution before, but got lazy as nothing ever grew in my water till now.

6. maybe nothing grew before because you took taht precaution?