Cloud Atlas

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Psychonaut, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Anyone plan on seeing this when it comes out?

2. Bought the novel and i haven't got around to reading it, but I plan on it before it comes out. I'll see it too of course

3. It might just be me but I'm not real excited for this movie..

4. yeah I wanna see that, I don't have any idea what the story's about (yet, I'm about to go read it haha) but visually it looks fucking amazing

I think I'm saving my spare cash to go see Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D though haha, shit looks dope. though that doesn't come out for awhile

5. YEs!

I been waiting a bit. This is not everyones cup o tea but i love thinking/mind movies.
    the sotry really intersts me. they put some deep thought in the story(hoping)

Fuck yeah tom hanks

6. I am curious to see what people thought of it? I haven't seen it yet but I really wanna go. Looks amazing, I got the old edition of the book but I have yet to get around to reading it. The author David Mitchell's first book is called ghostwritten and I am half way through that and I love his writing style to far. Cloud Atlas will be next.

7. I was stoned n watched the five minute trailer it blew my mind. Looks awesome and powerful.

8. #8 Mairuzu, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012

I watched it over the weekend and thought it was a really good movie overall. I haven't read the book but after watching this movie I feel a little obligated to. It's obviously a little confusing solely based off the trailer and I knew that going in so I did a little bit of studying on what the author was trying to portray and the idea behind it all. It differs from the book, so I hear. The reincarnation aspect and everyone being "connected" interested my own little personal philophy on life and afterlife (beforelife) which I have at the moment. The costumes and makeup, in my opinion were really interesting and well done. A lot of the times I didnt even know which actor plays who in all 6 stories. Some are more subtle than others but a lot of the time you can tell and its humorous. Some people didnt like the make up, especially turning white actors into asians, but even with that I still thought it was well done.

Its definitely a different kind of movie than most that are out there. It'll make you want to rewatch it again because there will be some things you miss the first time. Had some nice little quotes and interesting sci fi scenes. Its a very deep and thought provoking movie (if you like to think) with a lot of nice rated R factors to keep you excited as well.

If you read the book and liked it, chances are you'll enjoy this movie a lot. If you havent, i highly suggest you take the time to understand the meaning behind it. Its not a movie for everyone.

9. I read the books a few months ago and it blew my fucking mind. I finally got around to watching the movie a couple nights ago! Without exaggeration, this is surely one of the most astonishing and ambitious story/stories ever put together. It's very powerful. It definitely isn't for the transformer crowd. It's nearly three hours long and requires undivided attention and you'll probably need to watch it more than once to absorb all the knowledge that was so subtly incorporated in there. Karma, reincarnation, good, bad, eternity,  time,  eternal recurrence, just countless mindfucking moments!

Deliciously brillant!

10. I watched this movie. I thought it was rather amazing. Very well done and worth all 2 and a half hours. Great concept too. Slightly mirrors my concepts of the human soul and shit

11. Excellent flick. Mind boggling how many people found it "confusing". I had no problem following.

Very cool concept and does a great job presenting the passage of time and humanity's progress throughout it.

One of my all time favorite movies.

12. It's one of those movies that doesn't leave my head for about a week.

Plan to watch it again.

Anyone else thing the future asians look like seth McFarlane?