Closing threads like crazy

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by dkrider34, Mar 24, 2008.

1. RMJL, did you really need to delete that many threads in the rec use forum?

I understand rules i just think this is taking things a little far. Most of the time, some of the best threads come from an off-topic post. So with that in mind, maybe be hesitant with your delete key a little more.

2. Yes, I did. I posted this sticky as a warning and that was after months and months of another sticky that warned everyone. So, again...yes.

Did I enjoy doing it? No, not so much. If people could post appropriately, nothing would have been deleted.

Also, there's several differences in wording here. First off, the title of this thread is "Closing threads like crazy" but in fact, the threads were deleted, not closed. Also, you mention "off-topic post"...off topic posts are part of it but what we're dealing with in this instance that you bring up is completely-off-topic threads...not posts.

If people can read the forum descriptions, then there's no reason why they can't post threads in the appropriate forums. For the majority of threads that were deleted by me today, I added where the threads should have been originally posted in the reason for deletion.

So, while you are asking me to keep somthing in mind, I also ask that you and others keep something in mind...READ THE DESCRIPTIONS OF THE FORUMS AND THEN POST YOUR THREADS WHERE THEY SHOULD GO, NOT WHERE YOU WANT THEM TO GO. Maybe everyone should be hesitant when posting in the incorrect forums...that way, I won't have to be concerned, per you, to be hesitant with my "delete key".

Ahhh...I see...one of the threads was yours.

3. Or um post in the right forum. It's not just RMJL that gets pissed. Its a lot of them members here that continually see people disobey rules. There's sets of rules posted in many forums and people can't seem to follow them. If people posted in the right section then the forum as a whole would be more active not just the Rec Use forum.

4. i dont think anybody should be angry at a moderator for doing what they believe is best to maintain these forums.

if you(not "you" i mean everybody) think about what you wanna post before you type it, and where it belongs then this beautiful retreat that we all enjoy inside the realms of cyberspace would be much more efficient.

keep up the good work mods

5. RoL And Cali are two great examples of members who can actual post in the appropriate forums. And they're stoners!!! Imagine that!

To RoL, Cali and all of the members who post their threads in the appropriate forums...You ROCK and are appreciated! :)

6. Amen to that.

I especially love it when people will even open a thread by saying "I know this is in the wrong forum, but..." [insert lame excuse here]. Who gives a damn if you want your thread to get more views? Everyone wants their threads to get as many views as they can. If we all posted every thread in the most popular section, we'd only need one! And it would be a complete and utter mess. :p

And then there's myself and the handful of other members who will actually pop into these threads just to let people know they need to post in the right forum, and what do we get? Every once in a while it's a "Oh, my bad, thanks", but there's too many times when the only response from anyone is "you're not a mod, mind your own business".
    Well gee, I may not be a mod, but I still like and want to help the mods, and am sure as hell still annoyed by wrongly placed threads.

Especially the music ones. Does the music forum have to have a huge blinking red arrow pointing towards it for people to realize it's there or what?

Blah, sorry. I'm over-ranting.

Bottom line is like everyone else said though. Just post in the right forum and you won't have this problem. It's not hard to read the forum descriptions before you post. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I just noticed, I'm only 99 posts away from 3,000! :hello:

7. Well said :)

It's not very difficult to read before you post, or to think about what you're saying. I don't see why so many people have such a huge problem with it.

8. Actually, no, none of the threads were mine. I post in the right forums, and relevantly as much as i can. I was just sticking my head out for a couple other blades that i have seen asking for advice or telling a story or something that to them may have been confusing whether or not it belonged in that forum and they would be flooded with people bitching at them to post in the right forum, rather than just let the off-topic thread die and hit the bottom.

Threads, posts, closed, deleted, whichever words you want to use, i just think it's a little too much. Just stating my opinions. Toke on. :smoking:

9. Rather than post a thread in here about it, maybe shooting a PM to these Blades that your sticking yout head out for with a reminder to post in the correct section would be more beneficial.

Also, my bad...it wasn't a thread, it was a post of yours that got deleted. So, I suppose the wording makes a difference after all. :)

Bottom line...everyone post where you should and not just where you want to and no threads will be deleted. Let me also stress that it's only the Rec MJ Use forum that's "under fire" regarding this issue.

10. I wasn't aware of any of my posts being deleted...

11. Yeah, you posted in a thread that I deleted; therefore, your posts were deleted.

12. gasp. .. they like me!

they really like me!!

ahaha i can die now ive been validated by rmjl. . :yay:
    hehehe

13. You're a silly goose, Cali! :p

Seriously...you along with so many others make the City what it is and when you guys follow the rules, post appropriately and create great topics, it only pushes others to do the same. For that, we're thankful. :)