Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

**Closing Dispensaries**

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Hydrophonic, Sep 1, 2010.

1. They Passed a new ordinance in South Gate CA,
    They are going to cease all medical marijuana shops in the city and make marijuana Zero Tolerance.
    I call BULLSHIT.

2. what? how can they make it zero tolerance? its decriminalized

3. #3 Mio, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2010

Should it matter? I thought California was to vote on making Marijuana totally legal this November?? And with all due respect I don't think you should be complaining. There's hundreds and hundreds of dispensaries all over there.

4. #4 HIGHliketheSKY, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2010
    we will be voting in november, but, the polls are pretty 50/50 right now. no one knows which way its gonna go.
    and yes there are dispensaries everywhere, no one should be shutting them down..:mad: "with all due respect", especially since medicinal users should not be compromised in such a way....ever

my main question is how can they make it zero tolerance(in a city)where in a state that it is decriminalized? that to me is outrageous.

5. Can we get a source/link for this?

6. Hmm I dunno..Have you try looking up anything with how State and City and/or County jurisdictions or governing rules work? Maybe some sort of legislative website might hold some answers. I like to look up that kind of stuff .I have to know about this country's history and my state history in order to finally become a citizen this April.

In many countries, they won't allow their citizens to just hop on the internet and find out certain things, such as that. Channels like C-SPAN are seen as boring to Americans but I like watching it sometimes so I can learn and hear the debates.

In most countries they don't allow stuff like that to televised. A lot of people really take the freedoms for granted in this country because that's what they were born with. I don't because I come form a country that works just a little different lol

7. This is all I can find, anyone else?:confused:

South Gate bans medical marijuana dispensaries | Los Angeles Wave - Community News, Sports & Entertainment | The Press

8. i see, i also try to stay informed which is why i am here asking questions. i dont find it fair that in a state that ALLOWS medical marijuana and is decrim, can have a city that decides to take a step back and ban it. i mean does this mean if its legalized they can still ban it and stuff?

9. Maybe we are but were forgetting that our rights and freedoms are violated on a daily basis. Just because the law is there doesn't mean it will be exactly like that. Of course its better then most countries but its not a perfect country or anywhere near that. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?

i dont find it fair that MJ is illegal. Simple as that.

10. i dont either, and that is why this ordinance thing outrages me.. its one step farther from what is fair.. im so thankful that we are decrim though, all these other states are so far behind it makes me :mad:

11. How can a city ordinance override a state law? If MJ is decrim and legal for medical use how can they do that? That's sick.

12. It depends on how they decide to regulate it. For example, alcohol prohibition ended, but some areas of the US still have additional regulations on sales. You can posses and consume alcohol in these areas, you just can't buy it.
    Dry county - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

13. ^^ That is some messed up shit, I had no idea alcohol was still illegal in some counties. That is some commie bullshit. I don't like the direction America has been turning lately. Seems like the entire country might just fall apart sometime soon.

Anyways, Make it legal and use the money you dumb fucks!!! (government). It might actually make our country more peaceful and tolerant also.

14. If it's not apparent to Americans what Obama is doing I don't know what is..He's intentionally trying to bankrupt this nation so companies won't have a choice but to take government assistance. Which means control would begin. That's what it looks like to me, anyway.

15. Mio you are HOT!

16. It's hard for us Americans to know what the flip is exactly going on in our country. As free as it is, it's also very secretive. The news gives you mixed opinion garbage, the government doesn't give straight answers, etc etc. I totally agree with you Mio, the government is trying to fuck us over (which is sad, because I would of chosen my own private island to live on if it was up to me). Personally, In my opinion(and no one take this the wrong way), I think Obama is working with our enemies. He won't let us see his birth certificate, he's only fed us lies, and theres pictures of him wearing muslim clothing somewhere in the middle east when he was younger......
    Hmm....Obama....Osama...whats the difference?

17. I'm from Japan and they already know what a political hack this guy is. I talk to my family back home all the time about it. He doesn't stand for anything..His own party is even against him.

18. Not just his own party, his own Country!

19. Let's keep the political rhetoric to the Politics Forum OK?

20. I don't think thats his plan but that could happen with any president for example the guy who was president before him?