Closet tent grow help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nuph1, Nov 23, 2012.

1. 2 weeks in and seems kind of wimpy. Have 4 23w cfls and a desk fan. Havent used any nutrients yet and am using miracle grow organic soil. Leaves are yellowish. Any tips?

Attached Files:

2. just give it time,,get the lights as close to it as you can without harming it, make sure your water is clean and ph friendly,, if its in organic miracle grow it should have enough nutrients in it,, hope it start to grow more once it gets going

3. That soils no good. Get a bag of peat moss, perlite, and earth worm castings. Perfect, cheap seedling mix.

What are the temps? and How often do you water, and how much?

4. Not sure about the temp but I just transferred it from a solo cup to a 5 gal pot. I've been watering it with a bottle of water every 2 days or so

5. Did you solve the problem?

6. you dont need to water a 5 gallon pot with a tiny little seedling in it 3 or 4 times a week. it reminds me of a bagseed I grew one time and after 2 weeks it looked like that, after 4 weeks it dont look much better, after a few months it was a big thin sativa type looking plant,, so I switched it to 12/12 and left it with someone then shot off for a month on holiday expecting to come back to some nice buds growing,, I never did see that plant again

7. did you transplant to a 5 gallon pot of mG? the problems the soil. two weeks should be much further along than that.

temps?
    nutes?
    light schedule?

8. [quote name='"expertbomber"']you dont need to water a 5 gallon pot with a tiny little seedling in it 3 or 4 times a week. it reminds me of a bagseed I grew one time and after 2 weeks it looked like that, after 4 weeks it dont look much better, after a few months it was a big thin sativa type looking plant,, so I switched it to 12/12 and left it with someone then shot off for a month on holiday expecting to come back to some nice buds growing,, I never did see that plant again[/quote]

I say 2-3 days between watering at least.

9. your over watering brosif. seedlings dont need much water, and with those cfl's your not drying your soil out between waterings, meaning your plant is growing in mud basically, not good conditions for weed.

i wate ever 3-4 days and im under a 600w hps, that thing throws out some heat. i cant see how your 4 cfl's could possibly dry your soil out every 2 days :confused_2:

stop watering for a while, wait til your soil is dry before watering again, stick your finger in about a half inch to an inch and if it comes out dry then water if it comes out wet leave it alone.

10. Going to have to wait until the weekend to get all the perlite and castings and peat moss because I live in a small town in Mississippi. Light schedule has been on 18/6 since it sprouted.

11. #11 expertbomber, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
    Originally Posted by BYOweed say 2-3 days between watering at least.

hell yeah unless hes training the next Micheal Phelps..

12. Yea overwatering that soil looks like it could go a week..get one if those cheap green moisture checker if you cant tell when its dry again

13. I started my grow in mg organic and its fine (link below). If you go with that soil mix ur gonna have to change it again very soon as it won't suffice for the duration of the grow. Two of my plants i have in flower are still in mg and and doing great (been feeding a 20/20/20/ fert every 7-10 days started when they reached 12"). For my other plants I have since mixed my own soil using fox farm ocean forest with some additives . MG will certainly work.....Uncle Ben's Gardening Tweeks and Pointers This link will give u plenty of good info..good luck.

14. It's been nearly a month and no signs of growth. The bottom leaves are yellow and seem to be dying. It's a bag seed so maybe it will hit a growth spurt soon?

Attached Files:

15. scrap it and try again

16. My money's on damping off (pythium, look it up). Pull it out and see if there's brown shit on the taproot.

17. I think theres a better chance that you will find a growth spurt quicker than that sorry little seedling,, I would go with what prinny said, and get a hold of some proper strains next time I wouldnt waist my time on bagseed,, good luck