Closet Setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by honeybee123, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Hi everybody, I am new on here.  I have a closet I want to do scrog in.  It is about 3 x 4 or 5 x 8.  I am new to growing but wanted it to be done right for the best buds.  I am going to use either led light or mh/hps lights. I will probably use mh/hps I, which I probably will because I can put a carbon filter on it.  I am going to do ebb & flow on a timer.  Other than an inline fan/ducting for heat control and carbon filter, and a couple small fans for air movement is there anything else I need?  I am concerned a little about humidity in the closet.  I was also wondering how many plant I could put in during flowering?  3 or 4? what about 6? 

2. Choose your light before you choose your fan.  The light will dictate part of how much airflow you need.  If you need any help calculating how many CFM you need to air cool your set up once you pick a light, I'd be happy to help.  My two main pieces of advice are to get yourself a thermometer/hygrometer which will tell you temp and humidity, and get your setup done before you crack seeds and run the space empty for a few days to a week to see how it performs.  This way you can tweak any ventilation/climate control needs before you put plants in there.  

3. ok I think I know what cfm is. its basically cubed feet for inline fan.  I measured my closet exactly and its precise deminsions are 2 ft x 3 ft 7 in, by 6 ft 5 inches.  How many plants do you think I can flower in here? 4?  I was also wondering about led lights.  I have read that led lights are hard to get the height  correct with.  How big of a difference is the yield between led lights and mh/hps?  Do I need 1 or 2 lights?  thanks for the help

4. Ive got a 6x2x8 (lwh) running (2) 400watt mh/hps and running a 440cfm fan do i need another fan?

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1328021-vaskunks-canna-ventures.html

"No intensity, No density"

What's the max temp of your intake air - like if it's pulling air from a room in your house or whatever, what's your thermostat set at?  I did a calculation with a pretty extreme max intake air temp - around 80 F - and came out to 462 CFM needed to air cool that space.  If your max intake air temp is more like 75 F, 231 CFM will air cool the space.  I'd say a 440 is probably safe, as long as you don't have a bunch of stuff besides the lamps in the room throwing off heat.  Getting the ballasts out of the room can help a bunch, too.  

6. temp stays on 72

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1328021-vaskunks-canna-ventures.html

"No intensity, No density"