Closet LED, Green-O-Matic stealth grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by UrbanFarmer2010, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Hello everyone! I am stoked to finally get this journal growin after months of patince.

I will be engaging in a stealth closet grow housing a strain known as Green-O-Matic which is a mix of Ruderalis, Moroccan, White Dwarf and Lowryder. A fast growing autoflowering strain that is perfect for me due to my size limitations and limited time frame.

Currently do not have the closet but the dimensions are as follows:
    Width: 30"
    Depth: 19"
    Height: 74"

I will get a hold of it next week some time.

Lighting will be provided by a a 21xPRO from Hydrogrowled -- this specfic model has a 6band spectrum and is powerful as hell! Its blindingly bright, provides excellent spectrum for the ladies and draws almost no power at all [21-30w]. In time some other supplemental LED's will be added since this light has a coverage area of
    12"x12" @ 12". Although not bad coverage since my grow will be confined to a closet lined with mylar.

I popped the seed in FF Ocean Forest last night and am currently waiting for it to sprout. Currently it is in my walk in closet temporarily until I get the actual closet structure next week.

I will LST this plant as well as look into a Scrog maybe if my parameters allow. I would look into fimming but im not sure how that would affect autoflowers, can autos be topped/fimmed ? Or will that cause too much stress for them?

Pics will be uploaded later tonight of the futrure grow area and within the coming days photo's of her sprouting.

2. Good-luck on your grow, I am doing a LED Closet grow as well, doing 4 plants, 3 auto and 1 reg.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1072014-first-led-grow-log.html

I love my LED's so far, and even ordered another UFO to go over-head of all 4 of my babies!

Check out my grow journal above :smoke:

3. Ill sub. Let me know how that UFO works out

4. Officially day 1. Sprout
    Temp in the high 70's, humidity in the 50's.

:hello:

Attached Files:

5. Just a bigger view of the current grow area

image-2862220720.jpg

6. Was thinking about switching from my CFLs to UFO LED mainly due to a temp problem. How do the LEDs handle temperature in such a small area?

7. I am running 2 90W LED UFO's in a small closet grow, over 4 plants with a combination of 5 - 10 6500k CFL's.

The temp is very cool, the fans built into the LED's really keep it a nice temp.

8. LED's are cool to the touch and shouldn't create any temp problems at all

9. Noticing some weird growth. Very slight leaf discoloration as well as purple/blue dark hues on the tips/edges of the older leaves as well as darkness on the developing top leaves.

I usually have my air conditioner in 60 all the time so I'm assuming a halt in the cool air injection will restore her color and give green growth.

10. Forgot pics :bongin: sorry

image-3679217343.jpg

image-4194536693.jpg

11. looks fine man.... just relax , don't mess with it to much and after 2 weeks give it 1/4 nutes... let nature take its course

after 3 or 4 times , you realise that... the less you mess the better it is..

12. I've heard that ffof can be too hot for sprouting seeds. Just let it do it's thing and it will probably pull through

13. Really too hot? Don't seedlings usually need warmth? Because the AC is always in the 60s so I figured I would tone it down as well as add a little heating pad on low, a heated seedling mat. The weird growth is peculiar though

14. [quote name='"UrbanFarmer2010"']Really too hot? Don't seedlings usually need warmth? Because the AC is always in the 60s so I figured I would tone it down as well as add a little heating pad on low, a heated seedling mat. The weird growth is peculiar though[/quote]

Hot meaning a lot of nutrients.

15. Oh, well what about happy frog? Or any other specific soil mix. I would make a soil-less mix if I had to but i haven't attempted that yet. Wouldn't want to screw anything up

16. Jade is a stinky little bitch oui

17. Day 13

I am positive growth is vein stunted by a myriad of reasons--

Temps fluctuate a a lot, 80s in the day when I am not home while the AC is off and mid 70s later in the day the the air is on. Humidity fluctuates as well, the humidity for t area is currently very high in the 80-90 range while inside it remains between 60-70

Lots of weird twiste yellow growth still very small, no significant growth at all, looks like its barley growing at all.

What's going on , anyone have an idea? Is it nute burn? Sun scorch? Too hot? Over water?

18. Along with the discoloration, twisted growth there is also a white spot! Is this mold? Man shit is fucking up hard on me this grow

image-1673358987.jpg

19. I took a micro pic of the white spot it looks like
    Mold
    Or black beady eggs. Anyone have any ideas?

image-2261104190.jpg