Closet growing - possibility?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Embezzla, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Hiya, first post here, so treat me kindly ;)

I've got a closet in an apartment and have been considering using it as a grow-space for some time. It's roughly 180 x 60 x 80.

Lights I'm thinking 250w?

Simple fan inside to keep the air moving.

and a carbon filter... however... I've come across an issue. There is no access to outside air. I can't drill any holes through to the roof etc. but I can use an exhaust out of the cupboard into my room. Is my rooms air 'fresh' enough? I'm in the city so carbon in the air is pretty high anyway, and I have windows which open in my room.

I'm wondering how much it's going to cost (250w light, carbon filter) and whether or not I should use a growtent?

2. You could put a grow tent in there and have the out take blowing into the closet and intake coming from your room. How many plants are you planning to do? I would suggest going with a good grow light and growing and getting a tent later a good light is better than a okay light and a tent. The lights are any were from 75-300. You could get/make clf light hoods and put a ton of 43s in there 10 or more would be better wattage and cheaper than a grow light 430watts at $10-15 for every light 100 dollars plus 20-50 for a hood or you could go with a 600watt for 150? just depends how much do you want to spend what do you want/need. Dose it need to be stealthy? Smell? Yield? Serious or maybe serious?